Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Griffiths Returns - the best thing ever, ever, ever and ever

Griff off to preso nite...

Re-sign Griff already ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

^ this ^

Griff speaks...he wants a Gypo overlord....

Griffiths keen to work with Arnold

By JAMES GARDINER
    April 25, 2014, 10 p.m.

JOEL Griffiths would love to work under Graham Arnold at the Jets, believing the former Socceroos coach could take his game to new heights.

Arnold has been offered a multi-year deal to coach the Jets and has met with club management twice in the past fortnight.

The 50-year-old is scheduled to hold talks with New Zealand Football next week about the vacant All Whites national team job. But, barring a late and significant play by Sydney, the Jets are firming as favourites to secure the 2012-13 championship-winning coach.

The Jets cleared the decks on Thursday, sacking assistant coach Craig Deans, goalkeeping coach Bob Catlin and performance co-ordinator Karl Dodd.

Clayton Zane is certain to stay as assistant coach, but Arnold is likely to bring in Andrew Clark as performance co-ordinator and John Crawley to work with the keepers.

The trio, along with Phil Moss, steered the Mariners to a championship last season.

Clark, who accompanied Arnold on his aborted mission to J-League club Vegalta Sendai, had great success with veterans Daniel McBreen and Mile Sterjovski.

Griffiths is confident he and David Carney could undergo a similar renaissance.

Both are off contract but are keen to stay and have held preliminary talks with the club.

‘‘I worked under Arnie briefly when he was assistant coach at the Socceroos,’’ Griffiths said.

‘‘My two brothers were at Northern Spirit [with Arnold] and I have a relationship with him dating back 10 years or so.

‘‘It would be exciting to play under him.

‘‘If he does come, he will bring Andrew Clark with him. What they did at the Mariners with their fitness, especially the senior players, I reckon they could have a really positive influence on me.’’

Griffiths and Carney joined the Jets in the January transfer window.

Neither had played in four months and were only hitting stride when the Jets were bundled out in the final round.

Griffiths, 34, scored three goals in eight games. Carney didn’t hit the target in his seven appearances but was a threat and provided a handful of assists.

‘‘I felt like David Carney and I were just getting started,’’ Griffiths said. ‘‘It’s frustrating that we didn’t get a sniff in the finals.

‘‘The way we were playing and the chances we created as a team, I thought we were on the same level if not above some of the top four.

‘‘But that’s is the way it is. Hopefully I’m here next season and we prepare as best possible.’’

Griffiths has been approached by two other A-League clubs but has put them on hold until the Jets finalise their coaching staff.

‘‘I’ve had a couple of coaches ring asking about my plans for next year,’’ he said. ‘‘It was a bit of a surprise. At the age of 34, you don’t expect too many options. My body feels good, and I’m still keen. I want to give Newcastle every opportunity.

‘‘I have sat down with [CEO] Robbie Middleby. They have a budget and I would probably be taking less money.

‘‘First things first, they have to find a coach. Once that is done we will have a fair-dinkum chat.’’

He was disappointed this season’s support staff were shown the door but said it was ‘‘the nature of the beast’’.

‘‘You don’t want to see anyone lose their job. Deansy, especially. I was with him for a few years when we won the title.’’

Michael Bridges joined the Jets coaching staff mid-campaign and is likely to work with the youth team next season.

Arnie would be coach not overload.

Tinks is our Bogan overlord.

Banned
    Got to love Griff.

Whether he signs or not the bloke says all the right things in the media to keep the fans luv.

A few of his teammates could learn a thing or too and be more like Griff

Griff should move into the clubs PR. Anything he says I would believe. Unlike the monkeys they have regurgitating rubbish now.
    Go jetties

Alright, time to get serious around here - make Griff coach.
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Alright, time to get serious around here - make Griff coach.
    **** that, make him CEO.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

He should have enough Chinese coin now to buy the club !

Taking the Body approach and reserving judgement on Stubbins until we see what happens with Griff.

PS Sign him up fools.

Has he been signed yet or what?

I figure stubbsy must have signed him but must want to wait to announce it until the club has signed the rest of the poverty packTM players so the fans have something positive before we are booted out of the FFA cup in our first game most likely to a state league club.

Its the only thing that makes sense too me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Just let nature take it course

Would have thought there would have already been a mass ejaculation about this...

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...-one-year-deal

Will be interesting to see how somebody turns this into a "middleby f'd up" thread.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    only one year?

Middleby OUT

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Would have thought there would have already been a mass ejaculation about this...

Will be interesting to see how somebody turns this into a "middleby f'd up" thread.
    I griff'd everywhere

Thanks Phil

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

All down to the pressure of the stubbins out thread.

Beginning to believe club reads foz for ideas now on a daily basis

Praise Griff

Griff!!!!!!!!

Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out