Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1215

Thread: 2015 NPL Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    until we have a system that rewards the kids and treats the Emerging Jets as an extra to the club development then this will always be the case.
    Here here !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    It is no different in any sport. It is harder to get into the squad then out of it. You only have to see the number of times players are recycled back in when they have been rejected to see the mentality. I agree there must be kids who are of better ability across the grades and until we have a system that rewards the kids and treats the Emerging Jets as an extra to the club development then this will always be the case.
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of these better kids aren't interested in putting in all that extra commitment into training and/or the parents don't want to pay the larger fees. Even trailing costs a lot of money.

Did anyone else get their NNSWF NPL survey this afternoon ?????

Not really asking the hard questions, mainly on coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Did anyone else get their NNSWF NPL survey this afternoon ?????

Not really asking the hard questions, mainly on coaching
    At least they recognize the biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Also see the EJ squads announced

Not a lot of change so either they have the best or are not looking

Disappointing that in 15's ( next years 16's) only one kid added, so no other kid is deserving a chance

Don't agree for mine there were quite a few who deserve a chance especially given, some of current squad are all out of ability

Some must agree with me as they are giving these kids a go in their 19 squads,

Can't see what you don't want too
    They dont look, they know the kids in the squads already, means the parents will fork out the silly amounts of money year in year out.

Coaching is just as good around the NPL clubs if not better on some terms.

EJ selectors dont like admitting they are wrong, hence, the loads of existing EJ players already picked.

You still have the problem of coaches sons, coaches mates sons getting picked over more talented kids, how this can happen in elite programs is beyond me.

AT THE END OF THE DAY, out of all the kids, and out of all the parents that think Little Johnny is the next ronaldo, when they get to old for EJ there is nowhere to go because the jets will be buying the Birrighittis, Leonardos, Carneys, Trifunovics and so on

Why do we believe the EJ program to be elite anyway, just heard of one kid dropped ? From 2015 U/16 squad who couldn't get a start in 2016 U/19 NPL
    Ending up at an endangered NPL clubs U/17 squad
    Given that EJ under 16 play NPL U19 that is effectivly a step backwards for this kid who had been in the program for a number of years
    Wouldn't most of us thought any kid coming out of EJ would be higher level ?
    Would like to see a few more of these kids leave the "elite" and come and test themselves in the real world, might open a few eyes

Also as we know some of this years U15 kids have been promoted to U19 so are they higher std than EJ kids ?
    Last edited by big jim; 13-10-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Love to know which club you think is "endangered"!

Why do we believe the EJ program to be elite anyway, just heard of one kid dropped ? From 2015 U/16 squad who couldn't get a start in 2016 U/19 NPL
    Given that EJ under 16 play NPL U19 that is effectivly a step backwards for this kid who had been in the program for a number of years
    Wouldn't most of us thought any kid coming out of EJ would be higher level ?
    Would like to see a few more of these kids leave the "elite" and come and test themselves in the real world, might open a few eyes

Also as we know some of this years U15 kids have been promoted to U19 so are they higher std than EJ kids ?
    thats gold Big Jim and so true!
    maybe requesting refunds for all the broken dreams and promises.

Mother man, just passing on the facts
    And this fact shows that maybe not all the "elite" are deserving of the title, bet there are others as well

No refunds though, NNSWF don't refund for stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Best ask Why Blue. Probably why BB left.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Brew View Post
    Far from endangered

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Brew View Post
    Spot on the 💰💰 best to establish yourself in a strong club

On the EJ discussion, 17's & 19's is were it all starts, what happens prior is a almost irrelevant. Kids change, their expectations change, their abilities change their bodies and mentalities change.
    After watching U19 trialist's last week I think our local game is in good shape, some pretty good kids running around and if these kids continue to develop I think 1st grade will be ok for a while. NPL youth starting to show dividends

Those dividends are not apparent in the national title results, nnswf always finished in the top 4 if not higher until all this elite stuff started happening.

Dividends I talk about are in NPL

Wrong kids in elite, results reflect that

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Those dividends are not apparent in the national title results, nnswf always finished in the top 4 if not higher until all this elite stuff started happening.
    I think we are all in agreement the elite stuff is just glorified bullshit to drag money out of parents.

There are plenty of kids at other NPL clubs who should be getting a look into the EJ but aren't

Whilst people are charged for the EJ we are going nowhere. It needs to be free and a position earned on merit. Not a case of whether mum and dad can afford or not.

I know of one parent who had to say no to his son doing something as the cost was large and parent couldn't afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I think we are all in agreement the elite stuff is just glorified bullshit to drag money out of parents.

There are plenty of kids at other NPL clubs who should be getting a look into the EJ but aren't

Whilst people are charged for the EJ we are going nowhere. It needs to be free and a position earned on merit. Not a case of whether mum and dad can afford or not.

I know of one parent who had to say no to his son doing something as the cost was large and parent couldn't afford it.
    100%
    Hence lack of change to squads, keep the existing patents who pay and don't question

As I have said before, if your child has not been identified within EJ's and put forward to higher program's ie AIS or jets youth then you are just making up numbers !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Agreed - very early days to be making relegation predictions!

EJ is virtually another NPL club as it is.
    The difference is that they have "better" (on paper) coaches, access to better facilities than most, they play against older opposition (one could argue that this aids their development) and when they appear on future reality TV shows can say they played for the Newcastle Jets in the A-League.
    It is the same in the fact that decision re: playing personnel are not strictly based on skill/ability/prospect.
    NPL clubs pick and choose, and bring in John Smith because his dad is mates with the coach, or Johnny has 4 mates at Magic who are pretty good and wanna play together.
    The EJ program is not the best/elite players.
    I think the Program has merit (playing in the NPL Youth) up until about 15-16 (Similar to the old Macquarie, Newcastle Port Stevens and Hunter Valley teams did. The program should aim to increase technical ability and knowledge of tactics, formations and fitness components.

After this, i think they should either go to NPL clubs (U/18s imo, 22s, 1sts) or back into the NPL Youth system to other clubs.

It would then be nice to have the best performing u21 (or whatever the age limit is now) players in the NPL, be selected into the Newcastle Jets NYL team and train with the first team/play in the new competition over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Agreed - very early days to be making relegation predictions!
    Relegation, your trying to make me laugh aren't ya

Relegation, your trying to make me laugh aren't ya
    I'm not a comedian jim, just wondering who was being touted as relegation likely so early on!