Thread: Put a seat on it - Cycling Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As the age old expression goes Where there is smoke there is fire. I see an awful lot of smoke here. Can't find the fire yet. The ridiculous thing with this is that even if Wiggo is clean there is gonna be HUGE question marks surrounding his (IMPENDING) win into the future years. Right now even Lance Armstrong can't escape the accusations of doping and even if he gets away from his current legal challenge the doubters will still remain strong.

Wiggo will be looked at suspiciously because of his improvements, margins to rivals and the relative ease with which he is doing it. If you are clean and are in this position not really a great future to look forward to being hounded at every interview being accused of drug use. Will look like an even bigger fool if in time he is caught after denying it to all and sundry

Yeah, so, do you think he's clean or not?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah, so, do you think he's clean or not?
    The answer you are looking for is not yes

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The answer you are looking for is not yes
    I was getting worried someone had hacked your account, its not like you to not have an opinion.
    I for one, think he's clean.
    Like Usain Bolt, Michael Johnson, Roger Federer, Michael Jordan and even back to Jesse Owens sometimes the planets align and a superduper star does stuff that is hard to imagine.
    I will also say that being suss of someone in a sport like cycling is entirely plausible. Not like the sport has a great track record.
    anyway back to the riding part.
    Caaaarrrrrnnnn Cadel.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I was getting worried someone had hacked your account, its not like you to not have an opinion.
    I for one, think he's clean.
    Like Usain Bolt, Michael Johnson, Roger Federer, Michael Jordan and even back to Jesse Owens sometimes the planets align and a superduper star does stuff that is hard to imagine.
    I will also say that being suss of someone in a sport like cycling is entirely plausible. Not like the sport has a great track record.
    anyway back to the riding part.
    Caaaarrrrrnnnn Cadel.
    The interesting part of your comparison with the stars you quote. Now we will leave any accusations on these blokes with doping cheating out of it but these blokes are arguably the greatest in their chosen field or in their era.

Difference between them and Wiggo is that these blokes are dead set stars. Wiggo isn't even close to being the best cyclist of this generation let alone of all time. The other thing about these blokes as they were pretty much stars once they got to world prominence and their flame burnt brighter over time as their success followed. Wiggo on the other hand has been around for years and all of a sudden he is gonna have the Tiger Woods effect on Cycling??

I call BS