Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
Question for the guitar/bass kids on here.. (I'm lookin' at you Dunster)
Now that I'm back from OS, finally opened up my Spector NS2J to get on to sorting out the bad neck pickup..
Both neck and bridge pickups are EMG SJ5's which I am led to believe is for a 5 string, yet this bass is a 4 string. (???)
I'm looking to buy a replacement (still not sure if I should get a replacement pair and just change out both, or only the faulty neck one)..
I can't find anywhere if these are the standard pickups that go in it, or if this is actually a customization that the last owner did..

Summing it up, I don't want to spend a couple of hundred bucks on pickups that wont work, wont fit the slots, sound sh!t, etc.. So I wanted to make sure of what I'm buying or see if you guys had any experience in this stuff..

edit: Also, with EMG I thought SJ pickups were for the neck, and LJ were for the bridge. But this badboy has an SJ5 in both..
I don't know much about Basses - but as far as having two SJ5 pickups that's not really an issue given they probably don't have the same output anyway and that they will sound different placed near the bridge than they will the neck position.

In my RG Prestige I have a Dimarzio Tone at the bridge and Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck position. I know people that have them the other way round - it really doesn't matter. All that matters is finding the sound / tone you like / want.