Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
One of the benefits of the new system I suppose, more clubs getting will get recognition for developing players. Hopefully it shows that you don't have to go to a successful senior NPL club to make the grade and will ensure more even distribution of talent as time goes on.

I'm looking forward to next year to see how the 13's NPL pans out & how the 13's jets perform after being developed through the club SAP instead of the association SAP as one of the criticisms in the past has been that it doesn't develop the kids at the top enough due to dilution of the best players.
Its worth taking into account that for the boys in the jets, they are playing in the same division in football in Sydney that teams at the bottom end of the NPL comp in Newcastle were having competitive trial games against pre-season. It makes me wonder if the Jets Youth system is going to develop much of anything over the next few years, they aren't even playing against other a-league academies next season. I think the youth system at the jets is a write off for the next few years and it will be interesting to see how competitive they are against the NPL teams that are dropped down a division as of next season.