Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
As someone with significant investment in youth football, please sit down.
I doubt you've got more than me!

The mariners made a motza selling youth players overseas this season. for example Pavlesic being sold to bayern is massive, as well as all the others I won't go through and list.
I am just sad that Miguel has left with monty as he was a huge fountain of knowledge in the goalkeeping space and not opposed to sharing that with those interested and becoming better players for it.

No they didn't make a motza, most of those deals were done prior to being at CCM. Di Pizio, Pav etc. The figures for transfer fees are very low around 100k for Pav.

I can almost say that 13's and 14s at the mariners will almost be exclusively youth that live local (or localish) and as they get older they will scout from further out, they have a GK from brisbane and another from Canberra I think in the senior academy space if my memory serves me right, as their teams get older they get better as they attract players not opposed to being sold and playing overseas or able to move into the region

And?? The dominant 15's are 90% local and will be the same in the 16's for 2024.

It's a massively positive business model, so trying to pull them down on results really just makes you look silly. The players know where the opportunities lie.

That's just not true at all, the owner will go broke. No Academy players are flowing into the A League Team. Well not for some time anyway. They let Bayliss leave as an example.
whatever crack you are on you need to get a new dealer. that's some serious rubbish you are talking.