Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
You just have 3 teams in NewFM that have NBN league quality players, where as the rest have ZPL quality players.
Most of the players playing in ZPL went there because they couldn't get into the top NEWFM teams and don't want to get a hiding from the top NewFM teams by playing for one of the bottom NewFM teams.
So it is easier to go play ZPL.

The top ZPL teams would not compete with the likes of Maitland and Pheonix, they would however with Cessnock, Toronto etc because they have ZPL quality players playing for them.

I get sick of hearing the top 4 ZPL teams would match it with the top NewFM teams.
That's not true, they would match it with the mid table teams.

Does it make ZPL a stronger comp? NO, it makes it a more even comp.
The quality of players are still better in NewFM even if it is from only the top 4 teams.
You chuck maitland in the ZPL comp this year nobody will come close.
You take Maitland and Pheonix out of the NewFM along with West Wallsend and Singo comp then you don't have cricket scores, you have a tight comp.
I disagree, there is only 2 strong teams in NEWFM, zone teams have beaten teams in this comp! Take thornton. 3 years ago in the old id1 which is ZPL now, they came second last and got promoted to NEWFM just because they got a cash injection! Dudley who are now in ZPL were always top 4 in NEWFM but got put back because of facilities! Swansea beat belswans in a trial and I'm certain that besides the top 2 teams in NEWFM that no other team would win the comp easily in ZPL if they were dropped back to that comp even if they kept the same team!