Thread: Disc Golf

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    While I haven't played the actual disc golf course in Jezzo before, I've spent a large amount of time (drunken/sober, day or night) hoiking frisbees/Aerobie rings around on Newy beach..
    I'm sure PV4 can clear it up, having a Mrs that was national and all, but in playing the game, they only use the disc type of Frisbee yeah?
    I love the Aerobie rings, they go a ridiculous distance but can be a prick of a thing to control. Plus they don't glow in the dark AND they don't float.. So I've lost about 4 of the $45 rings to the ocean or just to the night..
    Where around Rathys are they making the course?
    I didn't think they were allowed to call them frisbees because Wham-O owns that trademark? I think they throw an ultrastar or something... one of the guys from the Newcastle team (Chilli, I think he goes by?) drops in for a round at Jesmond every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I didn't think they were allowed to call them frisbees because Wham-O owns that trademark?
    Yeah I knew Wham-O or someone like that would have trademarked it.. I've seen Back To The Future 3, we all know Marty McFly invented the real Frisbee..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I didn't think they were allowed to call them frisbees because Wham-O owns that trademark? I think they throw an ultrastar or something... one of the guys from the Newcastle team (Chilli, I think he goes by?) drops in for a round at Jesmond every so often.
    heh, small world.

The best/official (by UPA) discs for ultimate are those made by Discraft (175g ultra-stars or whatever). You can get them from lots of places these days, my last ones I got from Amazon but it has the worst ever shipping policy, I think they ended up being $12-15 each at the end of it. Smooth as **** to throw though, I'm guessing this is what you have pv4.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    heh, small world.