Page 116 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2958

Thread: Newcastle United Jets 2013/2014 Squad thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Having these fans is how you grow your supporter base. The idea that you or anyone is a more "real" fan is so deluded that it's not funny. This way of thinking is what stops the growth of football and in particular the active support groups.
    Growing what?? They are plastic by nature and will drop on and off whenever it suits them usually in correlation to our on field fortunes. Our fortunes are shit at present that is why they want out. When the good times return they will be back. Why should they claim the glory and not deal with the ridicule of being called out for what they are?? If they are offended by it too bad.

Anyone who turns their back on the club right now has no right to call themselves a fan. They are deserting their club in our hour of need.
    You don't let some bloke who backed off and deserted the frontline in times of war to march with those on Anzac Day who did actually stand their ground and dug in for the fight. It just ain't right

As for these casual supporters our game does not need them as much as people think. We have a product that is fantastic without them.

The authorities should be bending over backwards to look after those who embrace the game 100% and letting these people do as they like.
    Instead we waste piles of time/money on these people whilst those who should be looked after are left to fend for themselves and are taken for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    You don't let some bloke who backed off and deserted the frontline in times of war to march with those on Anzac Day who did actually stand their ground and dug in for the fight. It just ain't right
    oh yeah I can totally see the correlation between one bloke getting shot at and another one drinking mid strength beer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    oh yeah I can totally see the correlation between one bloke getting shot at and another one drinking mid strength beer.
    Deserting the club cause you don't like Tinkler/Stubbins is nowhere near as lame as boycotting Jets games cause you can't drink full strength beer at the ground.

If your that desperate for grog get pissed pre game take a hip flask or go to alcoholics anonymous.

Clubs needs supporters...especially clubs that make a loss each and every season (like the Jets)...Whether they are fans that turn up every week, those who watch on fox and assist clubs with their pay tv subscription, those that purchase merchandise, those that turn up 'when the going is good'...
    Fans come in all shapes and sizes, and those that think they are more important than any other really just need to get some perspective.

Deserting the club cause you don't like Tinkler/Stubbins is nowhere near as lame as boycotting Jets games cause you can't drink full strength beer at the ground.

If your that desperate for grog get pissed pre game take a hip flask or go to alcoholics anonymous.
    I was actually thinking of bringing my rifle to the game and start firing off a few rounds at the fans LETS SEE HOW LOYAL YOU ARE NOW PEOPLE!!!

It's what they did in the big Turks v Anzac game back in 1915.

I'm a bit bored today.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    It was a genuine question as I didn't read that on first viewing of the article.

[edit - there is no issue not training 2 days before the game depending on what their training load was like over the previous week/weekend]
    I would have to disagree,
    Given the day off entirely is ludicrous, if it was about resting the body then there is still plenty of things they can work on without straining the body. They could of had a recovery session followed by a tactical session, IMO there is only one day a week they should have off completly and that is 2 days after a game, the only other days off that are justifiable are days off for personal/family reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

They get paid to play football. They don't train for 8hrs a day. Man the **** up and train everyday. As you said utilise days with less strenuous activites but dont have days off **** me..

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    They get paid to play football. They don't train for 8hrs a day. Man the **** up and train everyday. As you said utilise days with less strenuous activites but dont have days off **** me..
    you know they work weekends right?

Having these fans is how you grow your supporter base. The idea that you or anyone is a more "real" fan is so deluded that it's not funny. This way of thinking is what stops the growth of football and in particular the active support groups.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    you know they work weekends right?
    1 win... I would suggest that some of our lot don't work at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Given the day off entirely is ludicrous, if it was about resting the body then there is still plenty of things they can work on without straining the body. They could of had a recovery session followed by a tactical session, IMO there is only one day a week they should have off completly and that is 2 days after a game, the only other days off that are justifiable are days off for personal/family reason.
    I would not be surprised that as part of the workplace CBA brought to you by the parasites at the PFA they are probably entitled to Wednesday Off or one day during the week and this is it as part of their work conditions etc

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Clubs needs supporters...especially clubs that make a loss each and every season (like the Jets)...Whether they are fans that turn up every week, those who watch on fox and assist clubs with their pay tv subscription, those that purchase merchandise, those that turn up 'when the going is good'...
    Fans come in all shapes and sizes, and those that think they are more important than any other really just need to get some perspective.
    I was never saying I think I am more important than them.

I am saying the 8-9-10k or whatever that are sticking solid with this club and not turning their back on the club during these days are more important than these plastic fans who do who are taking all manner of offence to being called out for their lack of support.

The way Tinkler has runs our club making a profit ain't his goal so their money is just subsidizing his losses anyway so we won't be missing it

Squad for tomorrows match has been announced on facey, along with confirmation that Regan is captain.. I'll let Couscous link it..

I was never saying I think I am more important than them.

I am saying the 8-9-10k or whatever that are sticking solid with this club and not turning their back on the club during these days are more important than these plastic fans who do who are taking all manner of offence to being called out for their lack of support.

The way Tinkler has runs our club making a profit ain't his goal so their money is just subsidizing his losses anyway so we won't be missing it
    So what you are saying is that the 8-9-10k or whatever, are more important fans, than anyone who decides to come and see if they might enjoy watching a football match. Yep, that's how you grow the A-League. No wonder other sports fans think we have an inferiority complex.

As a genuine question to Blackmac, militia and anyone who thought like they did on the whole picket line players etc - what are your thoughts on Taylor Regan accepting the captaincy, and the comments he made to go along with doing so?

Do you find it disrespectful of him to take the captaincy held by Jaliens and Griff? Is it wrong of him to say that we must move on?

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...w18rzlz0ltamtc

Locally born and bred defender Taylor Regan will lead the Newcastle Jets against Brisbane Roar at Hunter Stadium on Friday night, and he believes the team's performance should reflect the people of the region.
    After team training on Thursday Jets boss Phil Stubbins spoke with Regan regarding the role, and the 26-year-old Novocastrian subsequently told media of his honour to captain his hometown club. Regan will wear the armband against Brisbane and be part of a new leadership group at the Jets throughout the remainder of Hyundai A-League season ten.

“Obviously it’s an honour to wear the armband for the Jets and with this group of players,” Regan said. “To be captain in front of my home fans and my family, and for the team that I grew up supporting is important to me.”

There’s no denying that it’s been a tough season for the Jets. But despite a last start struggle against Adelaide United at Coopers Stadium and the departure of a number of players from the club since its round 15 match, Regan believes the men from Hunter Stadium can produce a performance its members and fans can be proud of when Roar arrive.

“No one is hiding the fact that we’ve lost some key members of our squad, but we must move on and play for the community and town and make them proud of us again,” he said. “Over the last few weeks and months there has probably been a bit of pride lost. We want to get that back.”

Regan said that part of the team’s pride restoration process is putting in a performance that reflects the values, morals, and people of Newcastle and its surrounds.

“Having ability is one thing, but I think it’s important that a team reflects its community in the way that we play. We’re determined to roll our sleeves up and get stuck in no matter the situation,” he said.

The former Newcastle Jets Youth player said each player was aware of his role in the team structure for tomorrow night.

“We’re clear of our roles and we have to stick to them.”

“We need to put in a good showing for our loyal supporters,” Regan concluded.
    OK

Banned
    So what you are saying is that the 8-9-10k or whatever, are more important fans, than anyone who decides to come and see if they might enjoy watching a football match. Yep, that's how you grow the A-League. No wonder other sports fans think we have an inferiority complex.
    Of course they are more important. Your core support should always be looked after first. They should never be taken for granted.

As for these fairweather types you are talking about we are talking about a sport they have been exposed to and have rejected in the past or failed to embrace.

It ain't like some obscure sport like Gridiron or Disc Golf where people may not have known it existed.

Explain exactly why we should be bending over backwards to entice these people when the sport is pretty freely accessible to them and they are the ones who have not discovered its charms??

If there is a poster here that doesn't know disc golf exists, why the **** have I wasted so many years here?

Comparing the front line in war and the courage or not of anyone who actually makes there is not even in the same solar system as whether or not a fan is plastic because he/she chooses to spend there free time watching a football team that is run by a complete bastard and managed by man with as much ability and gumption as a brick. Sometimes you write complete garbage, other times you write nothing but your above statement shows just how rediculous you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    They didn't have a game which therefore may have been replaced with double/hard sessions and as the Member pointed out Wednesday could well be their weekly day off. The CBA dictates 1 day a week off from all activities. There is also the mental strain of all that went on and a day off completely away from the club could be what the players need to focus on the game.

A one size fits all approach to training and conditioning doesn't work so saying that the players should be training 2 days before the game isn't always the accurate. Pillory Stubbins for his training techniques and lack of strategy by all means