3-1 jaffas
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Jaffas 3 (Smart, Palozzi, McNaughton)
    Charlestown 1 (Bird)
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Cheers
    The game never really reached any great heights. Jaffas were fairly comfortable though. Charlestown didn't offer much at all.

Your boys should do alright against CCB next Wed FR I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead View Post
    Show some respect. He's till a top 2 keeper in this league and those who think he isn't are kidding themselves.
    But where does he stand for Free Kicks???

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    The game never really reached any great heights. Jaffas were fairly comfortable though. Charlestown didn't offer much at all.

Your boys should do alright against CCB next Wed FR I reckon.
    It's looking fairly obvious that Charlestown will struggle as far as scoring goes.With Goody gone & Scott Smith aggravating a hamstring strain all that is left is Daniel Bird for opportunities.The cupboard is bare in the lower grades so either Prycey needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat or Tully needs to put his hand in his pocket.I don't think at this stage they will be worried re relegation but the situation could change very quickly.Big games vs Weston & Southy next 7 days for sure.Don't think they were that bad tonight,keeper made a howler for the second goal & the third was scored with two minutes to go.

Show some respect. He's till a top 2 keeper in this league and those who think he isn't are kidding themselves.
    If I wanted to watch 60 minutes of football I would turn up half an hour late_to_the_game.

My issue with the keeper in question is his foul mouth which at times reaches a very loud level.Also his constant baiting of referees is a joke,he's worse than any other keeper by far.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    My issue with the keeper in question is his foul mouth which at times reaches a very loud level.Also his constant baiting of referees is a joke,he's worse than any other keeper by far.
    There are plenty of the players through the NBN who are also effected by this issue. Whilst the refs allow it then they have no one to blame bar themselves.

You see it regularly where teams just constantly swear moan and curse over any decision not going their way. Games get more and more out of hand.
    Simple solution is to start booking the players for dissent straight away.

Refs constantly fail to do so and pay the price losing control of games and having their workload increase 10 fold

It's looking fairly obvious that Charlestown will struggle as far as scoring goes.With Goody gone & Scott Smith aggravating a hamstring strain all that is left is Daniel Bird for opportunities.The cupboard is bare in the lower grades so either Prycey needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat or Tully needs to put his hand in his pocket.I don't think at this stage they will be worried re relegation but the situation could change very quickly.Big games vs Weston & Southy next 7 days for sure.Don't think they were that bad tonight,keeper made a howler for the second goal & the third was scored with two minutes to go.
    Not sure if you've read Prycey's comment in the paper today Tonester but he doesn't seem to rate his squad too much.

‘The reality for us at the moment, with what we have, is we just need to be better than the other teams down the bottom,’’ Pryce said.

If I was a player reading that not sure what I'd think. Are there a lot of injuries?

They certainly don't seem as though they will finish in the top 4 as you predicted.

Goodchild was always going to be a big loss but maybe they are missing players like Goldman, Harper, Hearfield and Maguire more than you thought they would.

Hopefully they can turn it around though.

Not sure if you've read Prycey's comment in the paper today Tonester but he doesn't seem to rate his squad too much.

‘The reality for us at the moment, with what we have, is we just need to be better than the other teams down the bottom,’’ Pryce said.

If I was a player reading that not sure what I'd think. Are there a lot of injuries?

They certainly don't seem as though they will finish in the top 4 as you predicted.

Goodchild was always going to be a big loss but maybe they are missing players like Goldman, Harper, Hearfield and Maguire more than you thought they would.

Rumour is Shane Tull enrolled himself in a Spin Class at the Forum with the transfer window opening next week who knows what could happen. A few former Jets floating around the place, heard Magic training has been brimming with them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Rumour is Shane Tull enrolled himself in a Spin Class at the Forum with the transfer window opening next week who knows what could happen. A few former Jets floating around the place, heard Magic training has been brimming with them.
    I would love to see magic sign james virgili. Would they play him on the right instead of pettit

Not sure if you've read Prycey's comment in the paper today Tonester but he doesn't seem to
    rate his squad too much.

Probably regretting the decision to sit goodchild on the bench all pre season leading to him leaving the club. No disrespect to bird because he is a quality young player but why would you even consider breaking up what was arguably the best strike force in the competition. Everyone knows azzurri have struggled defensively for years. But smith and goodchild together up front always scored enough goals to have azzurri fighting for a semi spot every year. Unfortunately pryce is correct and they will be fighting in the bottom 4 with Southy Maitland and Adamstown

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    I would love to see magic sign james virgili. Would they play him on the right instead of pettit
    If anyone is gonna sign Virgili, I imagine it would be Magic. You know, with his dad being the coach.
    However Player points may have something to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Money will be an issue at CCB now as their major sponsors this year,Burwood Bowling Club has ceased trading as of this week.Could be concerning to the players.

If possible I would like to review my prediction in a couple of weeks although I will admit unless we win our next 2 games the minor premiership is out of reach!Seriously though I think they're good enough to stay up but they are crying out for a striker.

Money will be an issue at CCB now as their major sponsors this year,Burwood Bowling Club has ceased trading as of this week.Could be concerning to the players.
    WOW... that is a concerning development. What happened to Club Azzuri? Maybe the NPL Yth players can sell a sausage sizzle at Bunnings. Always dangerous when you rely too much of your income on one or two MAJOR sponsors... share the love...

they are crying out for a striker.
    Speaking of crying, I saw J Byrnes warming the bench for Olympic. Perhaps he'd like to continue where he left off the other season. If i recall correctly, he wasn't getting a game, and left to rejoin Southy. He'd probably solve the striker issue too. Could also lure one of Magic's ageing strikers, i'm sure Magic are after a few more points back, and would be forking out some $$$ for the calibre of benchwarmers they have atm.

If possible I would like to review my prediction in a couple of weeks although I will admit unless we win our next 2 games the minor premiership is out of reach!Seriously though I think they're good enough to stay up but they are crying out for a striker.
    With Smith injured you guys might have to give a young untested striker a go up front. You never know they might aim up.

Looks like defensively might be more of a problem though - 12 goals concede in 4 games.