Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    Fairly sure the medals they hand out say Premiers for the first past the post team

The other medals say Grand Final Winner/Runner Up...
    I know what I'd rather.
    Winning the league on a quiet Saturday arvo when everyone is still in the swing of things looking forward to the finals will never compare to winning the grand final infront of a big crowd, family and friends on the final day in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I know what I'd rather.
    Winning the league on a quiet Saturday arvo when everyone is still in the swing of things looking forward to the finals will never compare to winning the grand final infront of a big crowd, family and friends on the final day in September.
    Agree - however both sound good.....

Grand final is a good consolation prize, but it's all about the premiership for me. Or not getting relegated this year. Lol

I know what I'd rather.
    I agree as a spectical it's a much better atmosphere and all the partying after is great fun but does it really mean anything? I understand it's a great way to cap off a season if you come first or if u finish 2nd -4th it in some way makes up for not finishing in top spot but winning a gf don't get u anywhere.

I guess I'm just one of those people who hate seeing the word 'minor' used for winning the comp. yes I know the medals say other wise But still so many people see winning a gf as the 'major' prize and believe it deserves to get them places.

I know what I'd rather.
    agree

the only blokes that say that grand finals aren't great are blokes that haven't won one

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    agree

the only blokes that say that grand finals aren't great are blokes that haven't won one
    Not correct, I have won two myself and have agreed they are a great spectical but nothing more then that.

i would love to see a combination of old and new. I like the two legged set up but there is no benefit for finishing first or second really.
    I would be a big fan of:
    Week 1 finals first leg
    2v1
    4v3

Week 2 finals second leg
    1v2
    3v4

Week 3 qualifying final
    Winner 1v2 week off
    Loser 1v2 vs winner 3v4

Week 4
    Winner 1v2 vs winner qualifying final

I know it's longer but only a week. Do away with the washout round and start the finals series earlier.
    Gives benefit to those coming first or second and also rules out one of performances with 2 legged finals.

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    i would love to see a combination of old and new. I like the two legged set up but there is no benefit for finishing first or second really.
    I would be a big fan of:
    Week 1 finals first leg
    2v1
    4v3

Week 2 finals second leg
    1v2
    3v4

Week 3 qualifying final
    Winner 1v2 week off
    Loser 1v2 vs winner 3v4

Week 4
    Winner 1v2 vs winner qualifying final

I know it's longer but only a week. Do away with the washout round and start the finals series earlier.
    Gives benefit to those coming first or second and also rules out one of performances with 2 legged finals.
    combination of both.

ive enjoyed my gf wins way more than the minor. cept when minor/major schweeet

CHUFC v Charlestown

Thirds 1-1
    Reserves 2-1
    Firsts 5-1

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    CHUFC v Charlestown

Thirds 1-1
    Reserves 2-1
    Firsts 5-1
    Other results?

Biggest game of the round is ressies Morriset v Kotara in ressies !!!
    With cookers winning it comes down to the last game of the year and 3 teams could still take out the premiership... What a finish !!!

Westlakes vs Stockton
    3rds 0-0
    Ressies something outrageous like 1-10
    1sts 3-3 Great game in firsts, thought we might have pinched it in the end after coming back three times to level it up. A hard game but overall pretty fair, ref did a decent job. I spent half the game on the deck and the icepack is gonna be getting a workout.

Thanks for the games Stocko, good to have a bit of a crowd and thanks to any and all ladies who came and enjoyed our Ladies Day.

I know c'mon man would love to report this but I'm doing it anyway
    Reserve grade wrapped up the league with a 2-1 victory over Morisset.
    3rd grade got up 1-0

Heard Bero beat warners bay in ressies too so stocko leapfrog them into 4th and make finals just as the boys are hitting their straps. Cheers Bero

Heard Bero beat warners bay in ressies too so stocko leapfrog them into 4th and make finals just as the boys are hitting their straps. Cheers Bero
    Time and place for the delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    Time and place for the delivery?
    It'll be left in a grey bag at Hamilton station by a man wearing a blue jacket looking distinctly like a panda bear

Warners bay vs bero
    Res 1-2
    Firsts 3-2
    Couple of tough tussles in the wet thirds called off to preserve the pitch I believe. Replay midweek

It'll be left in a grey bag at Hamilton station by a man wearing a blue jacket looking distinctly like a panda bear
    Or we can just collect at the ground next w/e...

Also Otto prob needs to retire. Good thing we didn't have anything riding on the game.

Congrats to the ressies boys of kotara .... Well done!!
    Table doesn't lie and I think we have had a great season
    3 games to go and it is goin to be a massive battle to get to the GF!
    Well done to cooks hill , Morisset and Stockton