Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NPL Youth

Interested in others opinion
    Read last week from both new coaches at Jets Youth & Jets WPL that they will be looking to import, from other area's and possibly overseas some players to strengthen their respective teams
    Why do we have an emerging jets program if these kids aren't going to be promoted into these teams ????
    Or look in the NPL clubs ???plenty of 16,17& 18 yo kids playing senior NPL football, clubs give these younger kids a chance because they see some future in them but these kids are outside of the elite program so obviously invisible !!!

I personally know of one 16yo who had just signed with an NPL club looking at 22's with progression to 1st grade.... Is he not an option to Jets Youth ??? If not why not ????

Or maybe he is smart and securing positions at a club whilst the "elite" keep paying big bucks only to have imports brought in over them at the end ( youth ) and with no real connection to a club ???

Or should we as an area demand that EJ's must provide player path to youth ???

Really cheeses me off that NNSWF pay money for players
    Money that is not theirs it's money we pay in our rego
    Money that parents of U6 & 7 pay expecting the game to develop thier kids ???

Any thoughs
    Last edited by Why Blue; 21-09-2015 at 02:28 PM.

I think that this has always been the case Blue and will continue to be. Is it right or wrong?
    Maybe it is but I guess that not all EJs will make it into the Youth anyway but you would hope that some will, but as a Jets fan you obviously also want the best of whatever youth you can get coming through your system. Obviously the coaches must feel the sides need strengthening?

Your comments about the elite program echo my own views and it is definitely frustrating that some kids and their parents will be paying this money and most will not play for the Jets senior side. Surely the parents should realise this?

I think that unless the 16yo is already part of the NTC group as well as one of the "ultra elite" he is smart to get off this bandwagon and look at other options.

Just my thoughts anyway FWIW.

Emerging Jets only take players from Magic... if your local and want to play jets and not already in the system... Start at Magic...

Lets go around the clubs... how many of your players have made the step up to the Jets after this season...

Magic- 5

You dont have to be at The Ejets or any other elite program to become a good player. Actually you will find that most kids from elite programs by the age of 18 when they are finally discarded after paying huges fees for years will actually be a lot worse off than those who have not come thru an 'elite program'.

The program is set up for the parents. Firstly to extract money from them and secondly so they can put high expectations on their child which will cause them to pay more money to help the child reach the parents expectations. Its no good for young kids. Don't worry about what club you are at if you are good enough you will make it when the time is right for you. Just like the Jets youth are doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Emerging Jets only take players from Magic... if your local and want to play jets and not already in the system... Start at Magic...

Lets go around the clubs... how many of your players have made the step up to the Jets after this season...

Magic- 5
    Well why do the other clubs exist ???

Magic, feeder club to Emerging Jets

Well I suppose when you winge often enough, like a 4yo and lollies

All clubs need to lift their games and be like magic

And I suppose Emerging Jets should be your goal as a magic NPL youth player
    They don't promote them thru to first grade
    Last edited by big jim; 22-09-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post

It helps to have people in the right places, with Northern it's not about how good you are it's about hw good you know the right people.

Unless you're Maco

Magic- 5
    How many from magic 15's got in?? Heard they had some coaching dramas

Funny and so true!

Well if your 18/19 playing and regularly playing Magic first grade you get snapped up by the jets, and the comment "they dont promote" is far from the truth... our best get taken before they can establish themselves as regulars, or have just established themselves in our first grade team... Examples- Ben Kantarovski, Andrew Hoole, Michael Kantarovski, Jayden Barber, Kale Bradbery, Alex Kantarovski, Simon Mooney... Ok two of those are stand outs and i hope to see them in the A-league forever and a day... Now theres good young kids at Edgy, why don't they get given a go at jets? Maybe Clayton does not want to upset Damien's squad dynamic? Why are they not being invited to train? Why do other clubs exist? But lets look towards Magic!!!

If they are still playing first grade whats the difference if they train 3 times a week with the jets, train friday nights with their respective clubs and play with their club on the weekend versus the jets. Obviously they will play under the jets for the NYL if they are eligible. Game day only counts for 20-25% of their development during the winter season. I'm sure the clubs would even support the Jets directing which position they prefer for the player to be played. Reality (and history) dictates that, in the end the Jets are just going to dump the locals for Sydney's rejects anyways (as what happens every NYL season), locals in the stands in their tracksuits as the city slickers ply their trade in the critical positions, so why further punish the local clubs.

Now considering no player in the last 3 years has been taken into the Jets system from clubs other than Magic i don't expect you all to empathise. Therefore i challenge the Jets to give anyone 18-20 playing first grade at clubs other than Magic a go and ignore Sydney, rant over.

Why do people always say rant over at the end? Just use a full stop and people will know it's over.

Now considering no player in the last 3 years has been taken into the Jets system from clubs other than Magic i don't expect you all to empathise. Therefore i challenge the Jets to give anyone 18-20 playing first grade at clubs other than Magic a go and ignore Sydney, rant over.
    Mate you need to get of magic park !!!! No other club has had a kid go emerging jets in last 3 yrs ????? Are you serious

Go away and check your facts......ppl might take you a bit more serious then

And to make it a bit easier for you look at Adamstown , Olympic, CCB & edgy off the top of my head

Maybe a more factual statement might have been....... Magic, no other club has taken so may EJ discards in the last three years..............

Have you got examples of players from U19's, U22's, or first grade players going to emerging jets/ jets youth from Adamstown, olympic, ccb, or edgy?

Have you got examples of players from U19's, U22's, or first grade players going to emerging jets/ jets youth from Adamstown, olympic, ccb, or edgy?
    Hmmmm mate this is NPL Youth ???

I personally know bugger all about seniors as it really doesn't interest me yet maybe one day

Also your initial post said that emerging jets only take players from Magic ??? Emerging Jets can't take players from 19's or 22's

Look outside magic park buddy........a whole different world exists !!!!!

Magic- 5
    Hey blue you were niave in your question about should Jets youth take kids from EJ program

You obviously forgot about the regions premier elite junior football program, the magic stars

Thank goodness we have magic hey

Mason Campbell.
    Taylor Regan.
    Dino Faj

From what I've heard, a lot of kids from Magic will be going to other programs next year and its not the jets. Next years 15s and 17s will apparently have lots of new faces, if they can make up the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    From what I've heard, a lot of kids from Magic will be going to other programs next year and its not the jets. Next years 15s and 17s will apparently have lots of new faces, if they can make up the numbers.
    I'm guessing that other program will wear orange ????

I heard a name change to South Broadmeadow Magic.

Is this all about the coach selections?

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    I'm guessing that other program will wear orange ????

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    I heard the same thing - heard only half a dozen from the 15s are returning next year