Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
With the new salary cap allowances available to clubs I think Kanta's contract can be moved outside the cap either as our home grown player or long service player. Someone clarify that?
Imo he should definitely be re-signed. Watson let go and also explore options releasing poljak if he doesn't bring more game in the back half of the season.
I cant see kanta or anyone else eligible contract paid outside the cap unless the ffa find a buyer. The ffa will only pay the minimum salary cap.

I hope that Miller can turn this club around but Im concerned. The recent olyroo signing shows two things.

Firstly Miller has probably or maybe given up on this year. Otherwise why havent we ALREADY signed one or two attacking players that are needed. He said a couple of weeks ago that he wanted 2-3 players available for the first game after transfer window opened.

What has he done, signed a player where we have 4 players that can play that position. He is showing no faith in those players, 3 of which he signed. The Olyroo isnt available for 3 weeks, so he can hardly help in team in the meantime.

Secondly, Miller has shown and stated that he want Australian Under age reps to be the way forward. All good in theory, but can this club attract those players? Can we develop them?

Im a fan and i will stick solid and support the team. I will support miller, but he does worry me. I have only coached the odd under age and all age team, even I can see there is not enough attacking players or competition in the front third. Surely Miller can see the same??? Especially given his background.