Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NPL Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Quare Caeruleum View Post
    Zane was only there for a short time before going to Jets Youth. I think Deans has gone to WPL. Don't know about Bertos but has he been involved for long?
    I did hear the baby smurf coach took the NTC side to Canberra last month. That shows a lack of depth.
    Zane is at Jets Youth, Deans at WPL so both no longer involved in Emerging Jets program, McBreen might be a valuable add but not proven as a coach, however I'm sure parents will stargaze and accept, ala Taylor Regan. Although in Taylor's defence he did teach them about tattoo placement.
    Big Names are not necessarily great coaches.

And yep the young chosen one took NTC squad to great things

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    So Apollo Creed is your real name ?
    bj - Apollo was just repeating and questioning Italian Stallions comment. Your question should be aimed at the Mediterranean nag.

So Apollo Creed is your real name ?
    actually
    and look like him too

Mate not doubting you but who are these ?

Van Egmond is one A league
    McBreen golden boot
    Do you have a list of all coaches
    Thx man
    I believe Leo Bertos is the World Cup player he refers to (unless there is another one) but he has only recently started same as McBreen IIRC. Intellectually dishonest to talk about how good the coaching staff is if we only talk about the new ones.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 16-01-2016 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I Intellectually dishonest to talk about how good the coaching staff is if we only talk about the new ones.
    Cheese man can you explain this comment

Cheese man can you explain this comment
    Wasn't directed to you unless you were saying that the coaching in the EJ program is good and then using the new coaches like Bertos and McBreen to back up that statement.

I am referring to people who are supporting the coaching in the EJ system and pointing out the likes of Bertos and McBreen as evidence but it isn't honest to use those two coaches as examples of past EJ coaching quality because they are new coaches. Though I can think of one new EJ coach in the SAP programme who has little idea and even worse communication skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Wasn't directed to you unless you were saying that the coaching in the EJ program is good and then using the new coaches like Bertos and McBreen to back up that statement.

I am referring to people who are supporting the coaching in the EJ system and pointing out the likes of Bertos and McBreen as evidence but it isn't honest to use those two coaches as examples of past EJ coaching quality because they are new coaches. Though I can think of one new EJ coach in the SAP programme who has little idea and even worse communication skills.
    Ok agree cheese man

Talking about quality of coaching when examples put forward are either left the program or are new to both the program and to coaching is misleading

Ok agree cheese man

Talking about quality of coaching when examples put forward are either left the program or are new to both the program and to coaching is misleading

An old chestnut I know - but today at a BBQ got chatting to a couple of NPL parents who have kids at Olympic and CCB and rego fees came up. I was told that Olympics NPL fees were $780 and CCB's were $985. That's a lot of coin for kids for a season.

What do other clubs charge for NPL juniors? The CCB parent said that fees had gone up from last year from $795 to $985.

Why does it cost so much for kids to play at junior NPL level these days?

Firstly, it cost NPL clubs $64 to register kids with nnswf, the remaining money will go towards clothing, appro $150 then coaching staff, training gear/facilities and ref payments, a huge chunk goes towards paying senior players wages

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Firstly, it cost NPL clubs $64 to register kids with nnswf, the remaining money will go towards clothing, appro $150 then coaching staff, training gear/facilities and ref payments, a huge chunk goes towards paying senior players wages
    The clothing cost would obviously depend on what gear they get from the club. My question would be how does it cost $200 extra to sign for CCB.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    An old chestnut I know - but today at a BBQ got chatting to a couple of NPL parents who have kids at Olympic and CCB and rego fees came up. I was told that Olympics NPL fees were $780 and CCB's were $985. That's a lot of coin for kids for a season.

What do other clubs charge for NPL juniors? The CCB parent said that fees had gone up from last year from $795 to $985.

Why does it cost so much for kids to play at junior NPL level these days?
    Prawnman not quite sure why you quoted my post to raist this issue ?
    Maybe just a bit of a fishing trip

But really it's a free market, clubs can charge what parents are willing to pay and let's face it plenty of parents that are willing to pay plenty
    If any parent is unhappy or querying costs than by NNSWF regs the club has to provide a breakdown of fees and if as suggested by one that a hugh chunk goes to senior player payments than parents make that decision, same as EJ parents decide to fund the cost of complex maintenance in their fees

What I don't like is that most clubs don't tell you costs until after trials and selections leaving player/parent no real choice but to pay

And to state the obviouse why CCB is $200 more than some others, they need the money.

Prawnman not quite sure why you quoted my post to raist this issue ?
    Maybe just a bit of a fishing trip

But really it's a free market, clubs can charge what parents are willing to pay and let's face it plenty of parents that are willing to pay plenty
    If any parent is unhappy or querying costs than by NNSWF regs the club has to provide a breakdown of fees and if as suggested by one that a hugh chunk goes to senior player payments than parents make that decision, same as EJ parents decide to fund the cost of complex maintenance in their fees

What I don't like is that most clubs don't tell you costs until after trials and selections leaving player/parent no real choice but to pay

And to state the obviouse why CCB is $200 more than some others, they need the money.
    No intended crack at you Big Jimbo.

Also found out that Olympic apparently get training kit (shorts, socks, shirt), playing kit (socks, shorts), a tracksuit and a hoodie for their $780.

CCB only get training kit (shorts, socks, shirt) and playing kit (socks, shorts) for their $985. Tracksuit is extra.

Parents choose to pay it I guess so it must be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    No intended crack at you Big Jimbo.

Also found out that Olympic apparently get training kit (shorts, socks, shirt), playing kit (socks, shorts), a tracksuit and a hoodie for their $780.

CCB only get training kit (shorts, socks, shirt) and playing kit (socks, shorts) for their $985. Tracksuit is extra.

Parents choose to pay it I guess so it must be ok.
    From what I have seen parents are keen to pay, so really who can blame clubs
    If CCB make an extra $200 a player X 64 NPL youth players $12k a year for them to spend on ground improvements

Or what ever

But as I said parents should be provided a breakdown but no one ask's

Whooohooo

Just saved myself 285 bucks

But seriously how to CCB charge $985 ?????
    What are they offering for that, would want to be a massive improvement on last two years
    Maybe new TD is worth $12k a year, or maybe all the new training equipment or ground improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Whooohooo

Spend it wisely blue man

4 cartons of clubbies would be a sound investment

Pretty sure the last year I played, I paid about $400-500 in seniors.
    2 x training shirts
    Shorts n socks x 2 for match
    Dress shirt/polo
    Jacket
    Training jumper

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Whooohooo

But seriously how to CCB charge $985 ?????
    What are they offering for that, would want to be a massive improvement on last two years
    Maybe new TD is worth $12k a year, or maybe all the new training equipment or ground improvements
    Things are looking good at Azzuri, yes new training venue, GK and Striker coach, very good signing, strong 19s, big committee, sponsors on improve etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Pretty sure the last year I played, I paid about $400-500 in seniors.
    2 x training shirts
    Shorts n socks x 2 for match
    Dress shirt/polo
    Jacket
    Training jumper
    This the norm in Newie now?

Up north, we're charging about $250-$300 incl socks, shirt and shorts. Maybe time for a fee increase...

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Things are looking good at Azzuri, yes new training venue, GK and Striker coach, very good signing, strong 19s, big committee, sponsors on improve etc etc.
    Mate good luck to them

19's should be stronger !!!!

Probably will be if they are serious and look into 17's

Nice story in today's herald on young Luke going to FFF CoE
    Well done, good kid, Macquarie & CCB boy and even a year at EJ's hasn't effected him 😜😀