Thread: Members Forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So we need a new CEO on the cheap.

Upgraded backroom staff, for cheap

A new coach.. on the cheap.

Most of our squad replaced with better players, for the same money as the "crap" blokes we have now? Plus, those guys will have to leave without taking payouts.

Who said money wasn't our problem again??

Most of you guys seem to believe that the salary cap actually evens out the league, it doesn't in anyway. We have less money to spend than probably every other club in the HAL. Until we get sold and get an influx of money to pay for some of these changes, hopefully from the top of my list to the bottom, we are stuck with the back-end of the pile when it comes to staff/coaches/players.

How many people would be happy for our membership fees to double so that we could go find a proper CEO and better players?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Most of our squad replaced with better players, for the same money as the "crap" blokes we have now? Plus, those guys will have to leave without taking payouts.

Most of you guys seem to believe that the salary cap actually evens out the league, it doesn't in anyway. We have less money to spend than probably every other club in the HAL. Until we get sold and get an influx of money to pay for some of these changes, hopefully from the top of my list to the bottom, we are stuck with the back-end of the pile when it comes to staff/coaches/players.

How many people would be happy for our membership fees to double so that we could go find a proper CEO and better players?
    You try scoring goals playing with a massive albatross around your neck. It's not easy.

With respect to the salary cap it should not be the same amount for all teams. The bigger teams should be given a much smaller cap to work with as they have a lot of exogenous advantages working in their favour that others simply do not have.

Newcastle can talk lifestyle all it wants but to most players it can never compare to living in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, or even Adelaide.

Perth and Wellington in many ways are at more of a disadvantage to Newcastle for obvious reasons.

Then there is the fact that the media will always talk up / promote the Sydney and Melbourne clubs which means sponsors are going to get more exposure and hence they want to get on board.

I'm glad we have won a title because I probably won't be around in 25 years or so to see the next.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    With respect to the salary cap it should not be the same amount for all teams. The bigger teams should be given a much smaller cap to work with as they have a lot of exogenous advantages working in their favour that others simply do not have.
    Strongly agree with this. This is a massive issue with us at the moment. Other teams in my opinion must be getting bundles more third party deals same crap happening in the nrl aswell.

Newcastle in both codes getting screwed over big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Strongly agree with this. This is a massive issue with us at the moment. Other teams in my opinion must be getting bundles more third party deals same crap happening in the nrl aswell.

Newcastle in both codes getting screwed over big time.
    Other clubs are just utilising their full 2 marquees quota and other things like having half of 2 long-serving players wages exempt from the Salary Cap which ultimately allows more cash to be freed up to bolster the squad. Really, good luck to the other clubs if they can afford it, should mediocrity be dragged down to our level because Newcastle can't get their shit together and have a truly viable football club!!!
    Sick of hereing Newcastle people cry poor both in the A League and the NRL that the big city clubs are dominating because they have all this corporate backing and support....yet which town, much smaller than Newcastle won the NRL in 2015?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

I fully support the move to upgrade our membership fees to realistic prices point blank.
    Budget membership has seen budget level management of the club

As for your order of your priorities you have it back to front
    We need to start at the bottom and work our way up

The worlds greatest manager is not gonna achieve much with our squad list

The least of our worries at the moment is Eland and his part time role

We need to improve on the park

All football clubs need to win games.

We though have a much greater need to start winning than others