Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 2 thread

Doea anyone know if Westlakes have a current liquor licence at Fishburn?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Doea anyone know if Westlakes have a current liquor licence at Fishburn?
    We sure do.

Has anyone from Wallsend found another venue if your ground is washed at

Hammo v Wallsend 4.1 hammo. Let's go ****ing mental

Quote Originally Posted by Suarez View Post
    Hammo v Wallsend 4.1 hammo. Let's go ****ing mental
    Result from the ressies game??

3-2 Wallsend

Congratulations Hamilton firsts and Wallsend ressies on your results top efforts.

Semi final football

Good battle game to watch yesterday between Wallsend and Hamilton the game was kinda in the balance in the first half but Hamilton proven again to be the much better team. Watching only the second half last week seemed to be another bore-send effort I guess they choked in the end. Best of luck to all the teams in the final I'm sure there both gonna be crackers.
    Lakes to win first
    Olympic to get through and win reserves

What was the score in 1st grade

1-1

Bit harsh on Wallsend - "Hamilton proven again to be the much better team.", didn't manage to beat them in the regular season though. Personally I thought Hamilton were the better side this season but anyway.

Reserves today I think ended up being 3-0 to Uni. I thought Uni were the better side but their keeper did get through a bit of work too, had a good game.

Firsts ended 1-1 after Muswellbrook took the lead midway through the second half from a set piece. Westlakes equalised with 10 or 15 to go. Left another nervous end to the game, but Westlakes go through 2-1 on aggregate.

Good luck to all teams in the finals, reserve grade especially GF turned out different than what most would have expected I think but that's finals football.

So who are in the GF"S at Lisle Carr on Saturday, I need to advise the powers, how much beer to buy for the ground, if Westlakes are in, we will be getting a heap haha

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    So who are in the GF"S at Lisle Carr on Saturday, I need to advise the powers, how much beer to buy for the ground, if Westlakes are in, we will be getting a heap haha
    We are in the first grade grand final and plan to bring a substantial crowd 😊 Good idea planning ahead.

Shame to see so many "reserve grade players" not available for selection yesterday in UNI's team.
    Must be very disheartening to play all season then get shafted and not even get a spot on the bench for finals football.
    Best of luck with Wallsend in the GF, you deserve to be there. UNI, not so much...
    Last edited by silenceofthelahm; 05-09-2016 at 11:42 AM.

There was a lot of thoughts about that thrown around from our reserve graders too. I couldn't remember many of the uni first graders to tell if they were playing yesterday, except for the maestro in the middle (who wasn't) and a big strong forward (who wasn't). There probably were some first graders playing, but there are eligibility rules. I know our reserve grade was struggling for numbers big time the last few weeks and we found there were only a very small number of first graders we had that were eligible to drop down and play for them. As it turned out they were able to scrape together 11 for the first leg and 10 for the second from "reserve graders" and our preference was that reserve graders play.
    Maybe uni had a less consistent lineup in firsts allowing more eligible players for reserves in finals - or maybe just a bit of foresight a couple of months ago.

Having a talk to one of the Merewether guys during the last season game, who needed Uni first grade to beat Mussy that day for Wethers to have any chance of finals, the word then seemed to be Uni "stacking" their reserves because firsts couldn't make finals. I think this kinda came to light when Mussy beat Uni from memory by double digits that day. I'm sure Mussy played great and all, but putting 2 and 2 together you can't help but assume that grades were almost swapped, to an extent.

But, eligibility rules exist (that I have extreme confidence Uni are abiding to) and if it truly is that much of an issue then maybe the rules should be changed for future. Bring it up with the Federations/NNSW via email and see if you get an interested response.

I remember playing a few years ago for a team and we had a guy play every single season game in reserve grade, but then played first grade for the final 5 games of the season due to a regular first grader being injured. Said player was then ruled out of reserve grade semi finals due to being ineligible. Surely NNSW/Federations could tweak the rules to base it on say percentage of games played or something, rather than just the last 5 games like was the case in that example.

But yeah, bring it up with your club and the Federations and see if you can make positive change happen in future.
    OK

It's a joke.
    Olympic destroyed UNI reserve grade both games scoring 14 goals past them in 2 games yet all of a sudden UNI pop up with a shiny new finals team.
    bunch of cheats

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Having a talk to one of the Merewether guys during the last season game, who needed Uni first grade to beat Mussy that day for Wethers to have any chance of finals, the word then seemed to be Uni "stacking" their reserves because firsts couldn't make finals. I think this kinda came to light when Mussy beat Uni from memory by double digits that day. I'm sure Mussy played great and all, but putting 2 and 2 together you can't help but assume that grades were almost swapped, to an extent.

But, eligibility rules exist (that I have extreme confidence Uni are abiding to) and if it truly is that much of an issue then maybe the rules should be changed for future. Bring it up with the Federations/NNSW via email and see if you get an interested response.

I remember playing a few years ago for a team and we had a guy play every single season game in reserve grade, but then played first grade for the final 5 games of the season due to a regular first grader being injured. Said player was then ruled out of reserve grade semi finals due to being ineligible. Surely NNSW/Federations could tweak the rules to base it on say percentage of games played or something, rather than just the last 5 games like was the case in that example.

But yeah, bring it up with your club and the Federations and see if you can make positive change happen in future.
    The Rules are percentage based, the whole last 5 or 6 rounds is old.
    You are eligible if you have not started 66% of season games in a higher grade.

setting things straight.

Quote Originally Posted by silenceofthelahm View Post
    It's a joke.
    Olympic destroyed UNI reserve grade both games scoring 14 goals past them in 2 games yet all of a sudden UNI pop up with a shiny new finals team.
    bunch of cheats
    With respect . id like to address this completely wrong accusation . I am the uni ZL 2 coach and what im reading is totally wrong .
    Firstly iv have never over my 12 years with unifc ever "stacked a side" you will never get a more honest person than myself. Or in that fact the club. I for one would never , and never have excluded res players who have played a lot of games in that grade .I feel this is insulting to myself and the club. The side that took the field against olympic on sunday was a complete res grade side.. And yes we still had a few missing . The full squad has never been able to get on the park , often having between 7 -15 players out constantly out all season. The starting 11 between them may have had 2 players filling in first grade for about 3 games all season , and can be backed up on our clubs game documents. During the season We were never able to get a full complete first grade side as well.
    Yesterdays semi , is a product of finally having our side together , if we could have obtained this all year you would be addressing the premiers . We also are now playing the way we should with our strongest res players available . Olympic are a good side and deserve to get the premiership on this years results , i congratulate them . I will praise any deserving winners , but i will also defend something that is totally false and wrong and slander to the club. This can be backed with records . those players totally deserve their win and place in the final. Olympic had their chances , missing 2 pens over 2 games as well . We wanted it more than them on the day.
    So before misleading statements are made without facts and back up I ask you to think twice about posting false statements or just opinions .

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    The Rules are percentage based, the whole last 5 or 6 rounds is old.
    You are eligible if you have not started 66% of season games in a higher grade.
    Interesting, cheers for clearing that up.
    OK