Thread: Test Cricket aka real cricket

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    I can't understand why the day's play still starts mid morning if we keep losing overs for light - get them out there at 8am
    Precisely right. If the test day takes 3 x 2 hour sessions 1 40min Lunch break and a 20 min tea break why start at 11am for a 6pm stumps??

Start at 8am for a 3pm finish to allow ample time to avoid bad light issues and also make up for any rain delays. Not ****ing rocket science really

4.If there are interruptions to play for weather or light, the scheduled stumps time may be extended by up to one hour to compensate (light permitting). If more than an hour's play is lost, time may be added on subsequent days.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    4.If there are interruptions to play for weather or light, the scheduled stumps time may be extended by up to one hour to compensate (light permitting). If more than an hour's play is lost, time may be added on subsequent days.
    Yep, that's the rule; you rarely end up making up the required overs though.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Precisely right. If the test day takes 3 x 2 hour sessions 1 40min Lunch break and a 20 min tea break why start at 11am for a 6pm stumps??

Start at 8am for a 3pm finish to allow ample time to avoid bad light issues and also make up for any rain delays. Not ****ing rocket science really

It's for tv so it can run into the news