Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Good for him. Hopefully his retirement goes well.
    Pretty harsh. I'm all for not re signing him however at 24 I do hope he gets another gig elsewhere. Probably no starting in the A league. For a young person to have such crippling injuries is a massive test of mental strength. Something a lot of arm chair experts will never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Pretty harsh. I'm all for not re signing him however at 24 I do hope he gets another gig elsewhere. Probably no starting in the A league. For a young person to have such crippling injuries is a massive test of mental strength. Something a lot of arm chair experts will never understand.
    For his sake, I hope he does retire. If he continues to **** his knee he wont live a fulfilling life after football.

Not being harsh, being realistic.

For his sake, I hope he does retire. If he continues to **** his knee he wont live a fulfilling life after football.

Maybe football, whether playing injured or not, is fulfilling to him? I know many people including myself who continue to play with ongoing injuries. This is a choice that we manage. The positives far outweigh the negatives of sitting wondering "what if"

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Maybe football, whether playing injured or not, is fulfilling to him? I know many people including myself who continue to play with ongoing injuries. This is a choice that we manage. The positives far outweigh the negatives of sitting wondering "what if"
    Sure, personal opinion.

I would much rather be able to walk/run with my children when I retire. That option is probably getting slim for Kanta with the severity of his knee reconstructions..

He gets paid great coin and would have better medical cover than you and i could ever have. I think he would be stupid not convince some chump of a club to resign him... which will definitely be us. I would put good money on us resigning him at season's end. Facebook fans will be overjoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.