Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    That last sentence of yours Member is somewhat along the lines of my thinking this last few days and how the standard of the league and lazy recruiting clubs sign these turnstile type players, The Fitzgeralds, Neville , Paine etc. These blokes get so many chances and the only thing that changes from club to club to club is the color of there shirt and not there consistently flat lined talent for this level.

I think from memory long term ( maybe local ) players after so many continious years of service there contract value only 50% of that figure is included in the cap.

Similarly i think its time and happy to be corrected if dispensation already exists but is it time to offer clubs a mature age rookie from the next level down like your Murrays and sheps etc where say 30% of there contract arrangement is counted toward the cap. Would that type of incentive to clubs see the end of the days where these revolving door players either step up or go back to a standard more suitable to there regular output.

I am no genius but there must be a way to get clubs to stop this offering up career lifelines to these mature age players who's only real ability was once to carve up the beep test and thats about it.

Thoughts ????.
    The simple solution is to get rid of the salary cap and any restrictions on foreign players.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The simple solution is to get rid of the salary cap and any restrictions on foreign players.
    Get rid of cap, give a bonus to clubs who play more than a minimum amount of home-grown players (but still remove the restriction) and allow transfer fees between clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Get rid of cap, give a bonus to clubs who play more than a minimum amount of home-grown players (but still remove the restriction) and allow transfer fees between clubs.
    No. it won't work because you then have to define what a home grown player is - which opens the door for more strategic behaviour by the bigger clubs who will continually reinvent that definition to give themselves an advantage.

Like I said. No salary cap - no restrictions to foreign players.

Banned
    No. it won't work because you then have to define what a home grown player is - which opens the door for more strategic behaviour by the bigger clubs who will continually reinvent that definition to give themselves an advantage.

I don't think that really gonna matter at the top of the table

Those clubs are already gonna be advantaged as they be able to spend what they want to on talent anyway to get an advantage

To then be able to try and get some one through as naturalized to rort the system ain't gonna be that massive of an area for them to rort anyway

The other thing is I think it is also imperative that our teams have some mandated component of so many Aussies in the First X1 for player development etc

What? If you've been registered and played at an Aussie club for 3 years before you are 18, you are classed as home grown. That's pretty simple to work out.

And the bonus will only be small anyways. It's just a small incentive for lower teams to keep playing Aussies. Sydney and that can play with 11 foreigners week in and week out and make more money from league position. Clubs at the bottom like us will get benefits from playing Aussies.

Heck, add a clause that if a kid spends 3 years at your academy and makes the Socceroos side you get a bonus. Etc, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.