Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post

New Lambton recently done very well against Fraser Park in Sydney.
    They have an A team "Navy" and a B Team "Gold".
    Morning everyone - My name is Steve and I'm this years NLFC U9 SAP Coach - and also just a Dad.
    I started reading this forum about this time last year when SAP popped up on my radar and I had no idea what it was (my oldest son was in the NET system) - this forum helped (yes, really!) explain to me what it was and some of the other "issues". There has been some back and forth - but I can tell you're all passionate about football.

Yes, we(NLFC) only have one U9 SAP team. We only had internal trials, until we couldn't find 10 players and then opened it up externally. Two players in the team did not play for NLFC last year. I won't add any commentary to the process. I think we only have one under-aged player.

I can only talk in detail to the U9s, but as Aegon says above - the U10s did well in Sydney against Fraser Park FC (at least when they worked out Sydney U10 SAP is 9v9.. not 7v7).
    Most other teams in all age groups struggled against Fraser Park FC. It's painful to get to, but the facilities at FP are excellent.

The U9s lost both games (3-1, 5-2) against reasonably strong A and B teams. We would have faired better if the drop-off rule was applied more consistently.
    We have played the NLFC U10 Navy team at training and they smashed us - the difference a year of SAP and a year of physical development makes.
    We have a trial match this weekend against Wallsend U9s.

The kids are excited about starting their SAP journey and I'm happy enough to be along for the ride, seeing them get better and have fun so far has been great.

Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    Morning everyone - My name is Steve and I'm this years NLFC U9 SAP Coach - and also just a Dad.
    I started reading this forum about this time last year when SAP popped up on my radar and I had no idea what it was (my oldest son was in the NET system) - this forum helped (yes, really!) explain to me what it was and some of the other "issues". There has been some back and forth - but I can tell you're all passionate about football.

Yes, we(NLFC) only have one U9 SAP team. We only had internal trials, until we couldn't find 10 players and then opened it up externally. Two players in the team did not play for NLFC last year. I won't add any commentary to the process. I think we only have one under-aged player.

I can only talk in detail to the U9s, but as Aegon says above - the U10s did well in Sydney against Fraser Park FC (at least when they worked out Sydney U10 SAP is 9v9.. not 7v7).
    Most other teams in all age groups struggled against Fraser Park FC. It's painful to get to, but the facilities at FP are excellent.

The U9s lost both games (3-1, 5-2) against reasonably strong A and B teams. We would have faired better if the drop-off rule was applied more consistently.
    We have played the NLFC U10 Navy team at training and they smashed us - the difference a year of SAP and a year of physical development makes.
    We have a trial match this weekend against Wallsend U9s.

The kids are excited about starting their SAP journey and I'm happy enough to be along for the ride, seeing them get better and have fun so far has been great.

Cheers
    Steve
    Welcome to the forum mate. Your son will love the program and will develop very well as a player.

Morning everyone - My name is Steve and I'm this years NLFC U9 SAP Coach
    Hey Steve,

May I ask what the feeling is around NLFC at the moment? I heard the news that the club have pulled out of miniroos and I-D this year ( you mentioned having a son that plays I-D)

So SAP is going ahead? I feel for the club. Such a tough spot to manage 1100 kids at a time like this.

A

For anyone looking for an affordable July holiday clinic please read on:

Lambton Jaffas presents…
    The 2020 NOVACASTRIAN JULY SCHOOL HOLIDAY FOOTBALL SKILLS CLINIC
    “Missed football? Get ready for the season”

Dates: Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, Wednesday 8th, Thursday 9th July
    The first week of the July school holidays

Times: 9.00am to 11.30am

Who for? Players born in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
    u/8 u/9 u/10 u/11

Cost: $100 per player.

Where? Wallarah & Blackley Ovals (behind Lambton High School)

Other information:
    Players should wear a white or predominantly white T-shirt, club soccer shorts, socks, and boots.

Please bring a size 3 or 4 soccer ball if possible. Label all possessions.
    The clinic is designed help kids improve their skills.
    It is highly organised and conducted in a professional manner.

Skills Taught through circuit rotation:
    * Striking the ball – Shooting, Passing (short and long)
    * First touch- receiving the ball properly with movement
    * 1 v 1 – attack and defence
    * Running the ball – inside/ outside of foot

EARLY REGISTRATION STRONGLY ADVISED !
    DO NOT MISS OUT as PLACES FILL VERY QUICKLY
    How to register: Register and payment options. Go to:

https://form.jotform.co/41447738042859

For any enquiries: phone 0432066005 or email rhar@bigpond.net.au

REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday 26th June, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    For anyone looking for an affordable July holiday clinic please read on:

Lambton Jaffas presents…
    The 2020 NOVACASTRIAN JULY SCHOOL HOLIDAY FOOTBALL SKILLS CLINIC
    “Missed football? Get ready for the season”

Dates: Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, Wednesday 8th, Thursday 9th July
    The first week of the July school holidays

Times: 9.00am to 11.30am

Who for? Players born in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
    u/8 u/9 u/10 u/11

Cost: $100 per player.

Where? Wallarah & Blackley Ovals (behind Lambton High School)

Other information:
    Players should wear a white or predominantly white T-shirt, club soccer shorts, socks, and boots.

Please bring a size 3 or 4 soccer ball if possible. Label all possessions.
    The clinic is designed help kids improve their skills.
    It is highly organised and conducted in a professional manner.

Skills Taught through circuit rotation:
    * Striking the ball – Shooting, Passing (short and long)
    * First touch- receiving the ball properly with movement
    * 1 v 1 – attack and defence
    * Running the ball – inside/ outside of foot

EARLY REGISTRATION STRONGLY ADVISED !
    DO NOT MISS OUT as PLACES FILL VERY QUICKLY
    How to register: Register and payment options. Go to:

https://form.jotform.co/41447738042859

For any enquiries: phone 0432066005 or email rhar@bigpond.net.au

REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday 26th June, 2020
    Richard Hartley money making exercise like most private holiday clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Richard Hartley money making exercise like most private holiday clinics.
    Money making yet cheaper than any of the other 3 clinics that are currently advertised (Jobe’s, Clayton Zanes or Adam Hughes’s). My son went last year and thoroughly enjoyed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hey Steve,

May I ask what the feeling is around NLFC at the moment? I heard the news that the club have pulled out of miniroos and I-D this year ( you mentioned having a son that plays I-D)

So SAP is going ahead? I feel for the club. Such a tough spot to manage 1100 kids at a time like this.

A
    Sorry Alan - just catching up on the forum.
    My SAP team started back training only last week - and I believe most other SAP teams were similar.

My U12 ID son's team is training, with no immediate prospect of games. Which frustrates him. I'm not too connected into the community side of the club but the general feeling I get is that parents didn't feel like committing to the volunteer workload to make it all work. So the kids, ALL the kids, miss out. Sad.

My U12 ID son's team is training, with no immediate prospect of games. Which frustrates him. I'm not too connected into the community side of the club but the general feeling I get is that parents didn't feel like committing to the volunteer workload to make it all work. So the kids, ALL the kids, miss out. Sad.
    Assuming you're training at a club that hasn't pulled out of the comp, I'm surprised your club hasn't told you you're playing next weekend. That was announced by the ID associations well over a week ago

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Assuming you're training at a club that hasn't pulled out of the comp, I'm surprised your club hasn't told you you're playing next weekend. That was announced by the ID associations well over a week ago
    NLFC.
    Due to the vagaries of the Newcastle Football NET system versus the NNSWF SAP system, my son - turning 12 this year - was switched from NLFC premier group (NET last year) to NLFC Community (ID only, no SAP) - and the community side of the club pulled out of the season. His team are training, because the alternative is a season with no football and then less chance to make the jump to U13 (NPL/NEWFM whatever, either at NLFC or elsewhere) .. but no games.

As far as U9 SAP goes.. we're still yet to see a draw, are still unable to practice tackling at training, and need to somehow play a game this weekend.

As far as U9 SAP goes.. we're still yet to see a draw, are still unable to practice tackling at training, and need to somehow play a game this weekend.[/QUOTE]

This period of no contact should be welcomed at SAP age. This was the perfect opportunity of having time to practice technique repeatedly in isolation. That would be a 1000% more productive than practising tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    As far as U9 SAP goes.. we're still yet to see a draw, are still unable to practice tackling at training, and need to somehow play a game this weekend.
    This period of no contact should be welcomed at SAP age. This was the perfect opportunity of having time to practice technique repeatedly in isolation. That would be a 1000% more productive than practising tackling.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and we've been working on passing and movement and building fitness and decision making skills back up. Which has been good. My kids hardly ever get an actual goal to shoot at (this is mostly deliberate by me) so the sessions haven't been all that different from pre-shutdown.
    However, just prior to shutdown we had highlighted a skills gap when it came to tackling technique across the whole team and were about to spend a good block of time working on that.

They'll be excited to play a game this week - but apart from school-herd-soccer they won't have performed a tackle in months...

NLFC.
    Due to the vagaries of the Newcastle Football NET system versus the NNSWF SAP system, my son - turning 12 this year - was switched from NLFC premier group (NET last year) to NLFC Community (ID only, no SAP) - and the community side of the club pulled out of the season. His team are training, because the alternative is a season with no football and then less chance to make the jump to U13 (NPL/NEWFM whatever, either at NLFC or elsewhere) .. but no games.
    Oh bloody hell, well good luck to them going to be difficult to know other players they know are playing every weekend. Is there at least another U12 NLFC team doing it ? At least then

Now all the return to play guidelines are out and it is now where near as bad as the clubs were scared into believing, I wonder if they could've gone ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Oh bloody hell, well good luck to them going to be difficult to know other players they know are playing every weekend. Is there at least another U12 NLFC team doing it ? At least then

Now all the return to play guidelines are out and it is now where near as bad as the clubs were scared into believing, I wonder if they could've gone ahead.
    Do you mean another team at NLFC U12? Not that I know of - they would have been miniroos players with a cancelled season, I don't imagine they'd like to play games against our ex-NET players

As for not being as bad - I don't know what to say; the club had to make a call with the information in front of them, so as far as that goes I support the decision.

NLFC.

yeah the 12s should have stayed with NET. Hindsight n all.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    yeah the 12s should have stayed with NET. Hindsight n all.
    My understanding was that there was no option(s) for U12 in the NET program? (beyond any issues my club might have had with the NET program)
    I could see how the step up to more players and bigger fields would have affected the rest of the NET setup - so I assumed this was the case.

Sorry all, understand this is a SAP thread and not a NET thread. My understanding is that it was NF that pulled away from SAP years ago to create their own NET program and now by going back to SAP have created this gap-year; which my son just happens to inhabit. If he had a realistic chance/desire of playing NPL I'd be much more upset for him.