Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Everything I have said is all about development and not about winning.

I prefer equal time over the season rather than equal time every game. Depending on the number of kids equal time every game means more changes and less time working with other players and solid development. Now we have changed to 60 min games and have two on the bench I change two players every 15 mins, it means some kids will play an entire game but they won't over the next two games while kids who may see bench time for two games will see an entire game later on. Still same amount of game time over the season as equal game time every game but it leads to better development on their own skill and on working with players around them.

My TD asks me how the team went, what was the score and who scored. I can only answer the first one, I don't keep records of scores or scorers it is of little interest to me in SAP since there is no table or points to be won. The kids know but I don't even ask them I focus on how they played and if they did what we worked on during the week.

They do but what I said allows for development, giving the weaker players on your team more game time against weaker opponents gives them more touches on the ball and allows them to do what they have learnt so far, having them on against a strong team just sees them chasing all the time. Keeping the stronger players on against stronger teams may see them with some less touches but not only gives them that challenge but will mean they have to work harder to keep the ball. The weaker players aren't at that level so keeping them on for just as long means they don't learn anything and neither will the other team as they just run rings around these weak players and aren't challenged.
    I think you need to work on your so called weaker players. If they don’t get to play vs the better kids they won’t improve either just playing vs the bad ones. Every kid has something to offer otherwise why did you select them for sap? As the coach you need to find that strength and the “I don’t know score” comment is very hard to believe, you all know the scores don’t worry about that, if you’re getting a flogging you’ll know the score pretty quick. You can’t help but know the score unless you’re bad at math. I know we all try make out we don’t know the scores but we do, but you keep telling yourself that. Development comes with winning, I’ve noticed a few clubs even doing re trials and chasing better players. Why bother doing that if you’re only about development and not winning? Just keep developing the ones you have?
    Last edited by Doopche; 21-03-2020 at 11:26 PM.