Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
I agree with this cowburn will add leadership to the group, but can't really see them being a mid table team this year. What teams are they going to be above besides Adamstown.
Too early to tell yet as there will be plenty of player movement this year across all clubs. My point being is this year they were competitive most weeks. I recall rd 1 v Jaffa’s they were good (1-0 loss to a late goal) and I remember watching on Bartv the magic game at Mac field and they should have won that game but Experience closing out games cost them that one.

With cowbies experience and talent He can lead the rest of the team and the younger players being a year more experienced will make for a much tougher team to beat in 2021. The way Lakes play under Rufo is direct and physical in defence so unless opposing teams Are up for the game I can see Lakes winning a few next year against higher rated opponents.

Of course, this all assumes Cowburn settles down and plays to his potential and doesn’t move on after being at the club for five minutes. Be interesting to see what happens but I have a feeling a club like lakes might suit Cowbie.