Thread: TheJetstream PODCAST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    AMA with Lawrie up for your listening interest. I put as many hard questions as I could to him in this one.

https://www.newcastlefootball.net/ho...rie-mckinna-3/
    Cheers Furns for the interview with Lawrie. Very informative and kudos to you for taking the time to do it and share it with us tragic supporters (ok, speak for myself "a tragic supporter").

What a testing time for the Jets and Lawrie. I'm sure he's got his backside to the wall. The fact that we can get 1.6m to spend from other means is amazing (out of what i understand is a 2.1m salary cap for 20/21 reduced from previous 3.2m salary cap?) and we can't really sign players long term with no future owner. Surely not having an "owner" cannot go on for too long........ Unfortunate for him is that he can't share much of what is really going on with the public, i think.... The fact that Lord Joel is still sticking around (thank god) is reassuring and perhaps some backing for Lawrie.
    The video link that Jetmaster posted (cheers) of the men's mental health was good.
    As a CEO he really shouldn't have said this, but i can't get past it in terms of being impressed in a quote that resonates:
    "That's bullshit, what he's done, and I can't wait until he's away from this club and out of the place because you don't want fxxxers like that in Newcastle representing the club"
    Yes, he rightly so later apologised.

Also please accept my belated many thanks for all the podcasts you and others created over the last season, for a distant supporter who only mostly gets to the Newie away games in Sydney it's much appreciated. The one on one interviews you did last season were really brilliant! All power to you man.

Quote Originally Posted by gussie_l View Post
    Cheers Furns for the interview with Lawrie. Very informative and kudos to you for taking the time to do it and share it with us tragic supporters (ok, speak for myself "a tragic supporter").

What a testing time for the Jets and Lawrie. I'm sure he's got his backside to the wall. The fact that we can get 1.6m to spend from other means is amazing (out of what i understand is a 2.1m salary cap for 20/21 reduced from previous 3.2m salary cap?) and we can't really sign players long term with no future owner. Surely not having an "owner" cannot go on for too long........ Unfortunate for him is that he can't share much of what is really going on with the public, i think.... The fact that Lord Joel is still sticking around (thank god) is reassuring and perhaps some backing for Lawrie.
    The video link that Jetmaster posted (cheers) of the men's mental health was good.
    As a CEO he really shouldn't have said this, but i can't get past it in terms of being impressed in a quote that resonates:
    "That's bullshit, what he's done, and I can't wait until he's away from this club and out of the place because you don't want fxxxers like that in Newcastle representing the club"
    Yes, he rightly so later apologised.

Also please accept my belated many thanks for all the podcasts you and others created over the last season, for a distant supporter who only mostly gets to the Newie away games in Sydney it's much appreciated. The one on one interviews you did last season were really brilliant! All power to you man.
    mate, we all really appreciate the kind words
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast