Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Where is Amini?

i'll be gutted when he ends up at WSW.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    i'll be gutted when he ends up at WSW.
    This exodus has to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    This exodus has to stop
    We have a sinking ship, only a horrible person would begrudge players who've given us plenty of effort and desire wanting to leave. We have to accept that our best case scenario is to keep our club afloat next season. We should be able to fill the squad with NPL players, as well as the few first teamers we have left and try to avoid the spoon. Uga isn't a huge loss compared to the entire club folding is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

You know, I have a double standard in my opinion.
    I think the club were right to make ibini’s life difficult. He was just being a spoilt brat.

Uga seems frustrated. The comment he made a while ago that sticks with me is “i don’t want to be part of another rebuild”. I can empathise that he has persevered through promises of a new horizon almost every season.

I wouldn’t begrudge him if he left.

Ibini on the other hand...booooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think the club were right to make ibini’s life difficult. He was just being a spoilt brat.

Uga seems frustrated. The comment he made a while ago that sticks with me is “i don’t want to be part of another rebuild”. I can empathise that he has persevered through promises of a new horizon almost every season.

I have the exact same opinion.

I agree

We are f%^&ed.

Rebuild? It's the A-League. A rebuild takes an off season at best
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Rebuild? It's the A-League. A rebuild takes an off season at best
    Yehhh, those comments were made after Robinson left and the ownership issues. Cited the clubs lack of direction and his ambition to be better and the the club don’t seem to be improving basically.

Idk, to me he just seems frustrated by the situation and feels like he’s constantly be walked over. Can empathise. Do I want him to go? Absolutely not. He’s been one of our more consistent and better players over the years. But I think he’s commanded enough respect to not resent him if he leaves.

Unless it’s to Wanderers. Anywhere but there ffs.

Unpopular opinion: when a club and a player enter a contract, they both take risks - especially when it comes to multi-year deals.
    On the club side, there is a chance the player will underperform, or get injured.
    On the player side, the situation at the club might change, key players leaving etc.

There are also advantages, especially for the players: wage is guaranteed regardless, cover in case of injuries etc.

For the club, the only advantage in breaking the contract of a key player would be a substantial transfer fee (and I think the Jets rarely refused international transfers).

Let's not pretend the players don't know this when they sign a contract: everything comes with a risk (ask Scottie Pippen). It's too easy to just cry when things don't go their way - it was part of the initial deal.

That's why I think it was a mistake to let Ibini go to another Australian team: now a precedent has been created, the club is weak from this point of view.

If Uga buys out the remainder of his contract or can provide the club with a player of equal quality for the same price or less we should let him go to WSW.
    But under no circumstances should the Jets suffer a loss because he's gone cold on his contract with the Jets.
    There's plenty of hard working people that have irregular / precarious hours of employment that wouldn't make a tenth what Uga makes in a year - many of them Jets fans.
    Uga and Ibini playing the victims is pathetic and basically just slings shit at the many people who really are doing it tough either unemployed or in jobs they truly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If Uga buys out the remainder of his contract or can provide the club with a player of equal quality for the same price or less we should let him go to WSW.
    But under no circumstances should the Jets suffer a loss because he's gone cold on his contract with the Jets.
    There's plenty of hard working people that have irregular / precarious hours of employment that wouldn't make a tenth what Uga makes in a year - many of them Jets fans.
    Uga and Ibini playing the victims is pathetic and basically just slings shit at the many people who really are doing it tough either unemployed or in jobs they truly hate.
    This x infinite

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Unpopular opinion: when a club and a player enter a contract, they both take risks - especially when it comes to multi-year deals.
    On the club side, there is a chance the player will underperform, or get injured.
    On the player side, the situation at the club might change, key players leaving etc.

There are also advantages, especially for the players: wage is guaranteed regardless, cover in case of injuries etc.

For the club, the only advantage in breaking the contract of a key player would be a substantial transfer fee (and I think the Jets rarely refused international transfers).

Let's not pretend the players don't know this when they sign a contract: everything comes with a risk (ask Scottie Pippen). It's too easy to just cry when things don't go their way - it was part of the initial deal.

That's why I think it was a mistake to let Ibini go to another Australian team: now a precedent has been created, the club is weak from this point of view.
    I totally agree, this is a very unpopular opinion, but you probably already know that unpopular means you are fairly normal compared to the popular opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Given our financial situation and lack of a genuine # 10 in the squad how does taking a chance on reviving this blokes career, On his day he is as good as any player in the 10 role in the League.

This bloke is not every body's cup of tea and he can surely get under the skin of opposing players and fans.

I think given our situation if we could get him right and back to what he is capable of he is well worth taking a punt on, Get him here get him in condition and i think given our squad size at present we could give a short term deal to evaluate if he is capable of getting back to near his best. after all he did run around in a socceroos jersey with a 10 on it.

He probably comes with compromised sinuses LOL. I present to youMitch.jpg

Thoughts ?????

geez, what is he even doing these days?

We signed Abbas + 2 scholarship players

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    We signed Abbas + 2 scholarship players
    And loan Noah James to Wanderers. Are we really joking. Could of been any other team

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    geez, what is he even doing these days?
    Still kicking a ball with the Gold Coast Dolphins i believe

The one thing that is in the Jets favour is that the A League is way down on standard this year with the reduced salary cap.
    Uga and thurgate could potentially be one of the better central midfield pairings in the competition.
    Yuel and O'Donovan up front looks a handy strikeforce and the boy on loan from city looks the goods. Goals in the trials haven't been a problem.

But goals against is a real issue and do the Jets have any flexibility within the squad to change the system.
    Robinson's formation on 3-5-2 worked a treat, I think he surprised alot of opposition teams. Many expected him to play a counter attacking game like he did at Vancouver in the MLS. But with Ibini and Fitzgerald gone have the Jets got the players to play with wingers?

For mine if your conceding goals then you must play 4 at the back and shore up the defence, especially against the Mariners who will play direct and second balls could be a factor in the box.

Duncan is a good keeper, but I would have passed him up to keep James in Newcastle. Loaning him to the Wanderers is not good business in my opinion. Would have been a bad luck scenario for Duncan, I think his money could have been invested better with more cover and competition for Hoffman considering Millar doesn't look like returning.
    As for Nichols, well the guy has some talent and has still been playing well in the QLD NPL. But his career has gone down at A League level after some off field issues.

For mine let's sign Michael Bridges as manager. He has the qualifications, desire and connections overseas for players. Why not give him a chance to see how he manages