Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Wasn't the same without a final series. Cardiff deserved the crown, but it was a bit of a meh season. I think we can all agree (apart from Mayfield) that winning of grand final day is what you want.
    Definitely looking forward to this season! Hopefully it is as closely competitive as last year.
    I would be one of those who disagree with that. Being apart of a few teams that won a GF they are great for a party atmosphere and a cherry on top of a good season. But from a footballing point of view winning the premiership and gaining that elusive promotion ( fully aware you can’t get promoted from ZPL currently) that is what I always wanted from the season.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I would be one of those who disagree with that. Being apart of a few teams that won a GF they are great for a party atmosphere and a cherry on top of a good season. But from a footballing point of view winning the premiership and gaining that elusive promotion ( fully aware you can’t get promoted from ZPL currently) that is what I always wanted from the season.
    Im a bit like you, the premiers plate was always my aim, GF's are a good party starter, but being the best all year is very different than winning one game.
    Bring on 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Im a bit like you, the premiers plate was always my aim, GF's are a good party starter, but being the best all year is very different than winning one game.
    Bring on 2021
    I agree to an extent, but over the past few seasons the Suns have been lucky enough to win and lose GF's, with one very dominant minor premiership where we lost the GF. The GF wins without the premiership were more enjoyable than the minor premiership with a GF loss. Doing the double would certainly be very satisfying and unsure if any clubs have done that recently in firsts. But GF for me at this level and in this league where promotion isn't on the cards seems to be the biggest result. It's a shitty feeling if you're not there for the big dance. I'm sure plenty might disagree, but maybe it's because I don't mind a good party..
    It's football, not s***er!!