Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
Two things:
1. Promotion and relegation does not reflect from seniors to youth. Theoretically Olympic could win First grade and their youth gets relegated.
2 Griff, Griffo, Lord Griff etc ALWAYS has a capital. You should be ashamed of yourself for such a failing.

I think the "lesser" clubs of the NL1 would see this as a great way to grow thier club. My exerince has been that NL1 clubs treat thier kids better than NPL clubs. I think NL1 clubs would seek out good coaches.
Apologies to Lord Griff. I’m gonna scapegoat phone reply as the reason haha.

Understand it’s separate to seniors, I just am right on the fence about how I feel about strict promotion/relegation for 12-16 year old unpaid players.
I’m concerned about the ramifications for clubs if they have a weak 16s, and promising 13-15s, the effect on those “promising teams and players” who want to be in the top division.

Could be maybe on board with non weighted club championship.
Or an unofficial promotion/relegation where we trust (lol) NNSW to look at clubs performance and if there’s say 1,2 or 3 clubs at the bottom of top division not performing, and 2 outstanding teams in division 2, relegate 2 and promote 2.

Not a problem with your proposal, but I just can’t get my head around having a promotion/relegation system in youth football when we haven’t had a serious ongoing pro/rel system in NPL seniors for over a decade. The reasons they gave to give clubs stability and allow them to focus on development of players, systems and facilities. I think that approach is much better suited to youth football and save the promotion/relegation for the paid semi-professional clubs in NPL and NL1 to battle it out and deal with the pressure.

Even if you do similar to SAP and the term NPL youth encompasses the broader competition and break it up into smaller groups based on something.
My fear is that clubs will just end up as a big merry go round year to year.

And the other side of me thinks that we are already talking about no scores/points. At some point, we need to change to developing winning mentality.