Thread: The Daily International News Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Why? I can understand Stanny's obvious bias. But show me one reason why Roman isn't as grubby as that lot?
    At least Mansour has poured millions into the community to rebuild a community fanbase. But even they don't get a free pass because their wealth is tainted with blood and oil, Manchester fans would happily forget about them if someone else could pay the bills moving forward.
    For me its simple.
    Roman has never come across as anything other than an ill tempered ruthless oligarch whos money has come from ill gotten gains and has no interest in anything other than winning no matter the cost.
    I admire his openness in a world of frauds.

Its the scum like the Glazers/Perez/Agnelli etc who have continually tried to convince people that they are doing all this for 'you' the little people.
    That sort of behaviour gets zero interest from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    For me its simple.
    Roman has never come across as anything other than an ill tempered ruthless oligarch whos money has come from ill gotten gains and has no interest in anything other than winning no matter the cost.
    I admire his openness in a world of frauds.

Its the scum like the Glazers/Perez/Agnelli etc who have continually tried to convince people that they are doing all this for 'you' the little people.
    That sort of behaviour gets zero interest from me.
    Roman is exactly the same as the others, he just did his PR tour in the 00s and maybe you can relate to it more than the new stuff.

He has no concept of money because he didn't earn a cent of his, so he throws enough of it around and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Same as Perez, the Glazers and Agnelli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Roman is exactly the same as the others, he just did his PR tour in the 00s and maybe you can relate to it more than the new stuff.

He has no concept of money because he didn't earn a cent of his, so he throws enough of it around and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Same as Perez, the Glazers and Agnelli.
    Hey you rank your assholes how you like them, ill do mine!!!

I refuse to lump him in with any of these suckers that either a)doubled down like Perez and Agnelli, or b)did the grovelling video apology like Henry.

Also, I dont think he gets enough credit for how well Chelsea is actually run compared to some others. The fact the club isn't leveraged to the hilt and still made a real profit last year is good for them. For sure he runs it a different way relying on player sales and his own investment, but the other owners have heaps of money too but always seem to be much more at arms length with their liabilities which is savvy but scary.

Also, don't anyone @ me with your financial bullshit unless it comes from Swiss Ramble. They are the only source of correct info regarding football finance. I dont wish to hear anything else.

To be fair though its pretty safe to say Roman has had way more people killed than any other owner id bet good money on that.