Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Didnt say it was great coaching but much improved from a kick and chase non footballing parent even in high junior grades.

TDs are deliver greater knowledge to coaches through several clubs that ive seen but that raises another problem. TDs have varying ideas on how to best play the game. One club will ridicule what another does on multiple levels. So how do we know who is getting it right?
    I’m all for coming up with a curriculum based on the strengths of young Australian players rather than a European method that doesn’t suit us.
    I don’t see the point of playing 4 passes inside your own penalty area just for the sake of it. I don’t see the need to play 40 passes before having a shot, especially when 20 of them are backwards between the centre backs and the goalkeeper.
    Aussies are fit, fast, strong and tall. We should be pressing high and hard against teams that want to play out, win the ball high and play forward quickly to runners in behind. We shouldn’t be afraid of playing crosses into the box. It shouldn’t be considered bad play to score after 3 passes from the keeper. We can’t compete with the technical ability of the European teams.
    Just my opinion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    I’m all for coming up with a curriculum based on the strengths of young Australian players rather than a European method that doesn’t suit us.
    I don’t see the point of playing 4 passes inside your own penalty area just for the sake of it. I don’t see the need to play 40 passes before having a shot, especially when 20 of them are backwards between the centre backs and the goalkeeper.
    Aussies are fit, fast, strong and tall. We should be pressing high and hard against teams that want to play out, win the ball high and play forward quickly to runners in behind. We shouldn’t be afraid of playing crosses into the box. It shouldn’t be considered bad play to score after 3 passes from the keeper. We can’t compete with the technical ability of the European teams.
    Just my opinion
    For sure.
    Remember when the Jets youth had to play out EVERY time. farce.
    I think we can add 2 midfielders who are agile and technical. Weve had a few players in the past who can add this dimension to complement the tall physical attributes that we mainly have. Our technical deficiencies, imo, come from lack of in game practice. ie. Informal games on non training days.

maybe we dont have that hunger like other countries do?

For sure.
    Remember when the Jets youth had to play out EVERY time. farce.
    I think we can add 2 midfielders who are agile and technical. Weve had a few players in the past who can add this dimension to complement the tall physical attributes that we mainly have. Our technical deficiencies, imo, come from lack of in game practice. ie. Informal games on non training days.

maybe we dont have that hunger like other countries do?
    You’re questioning Hunger? This forum is full of parents over inflated egos hungry for success, the experts with no ideas and absolutely no clue at all.

Unless you were actually trying to be serious then becareful it’s about participation not winning and losing, you wouldn’t want a kid to have to much hunger or drive to improve or you’ll be labelled by the clowns in this forum. Don’t develop our strengths the text book doesn’t agree, don’t promote competition someone might get offended and above all don’t do extra sessions with quality coaches you’ll be a pushy parent. NNSW promote quantity over quality, appeal to the masses all in the aim of revenue.

Over to the muppets

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    You’re questioning Hunger? This forum is full of parents over inflated egos hungry for success, the experts with no ideas and absolutely no clue at all.

Unless you were actually trying to be serious then becareful it’s about participation not winning and losing, you wouldn’t want a kid to have to much hunger or drive to improve or you’ll be labelled by the clowns in this forum. Don’t develop our strengths the text book doesn’t agree, don’t promote competition someone might get offended and above all don’t do extra sessions with quality coaches you’ll be a pushy parent. NNSW promote quantity over quality, appeal to the masses all in the aim of revenue.

Over to the muppets
    Not the parents hunger, the kids. How many are really into it?

It's just much easier for Ozies to impress the mates by jamming a youtube channel with kickflips and wearing red speshay jogs then try to master this game.

Not the parents hunger, the kids. How many are really into it?

It's just much easier for Ozies to impress the mates by jamming a youtube channel with kickflips and wearing red speshay jogs then try to master this game.
    I lol’d I’m sad to say.

If not the above then more than happy to just watch big units run into each other for 80minutes.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

it appears more changes in the JDL coaching space with a club recently losing there TD after being hung out to dry by one of his coaches, can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by SAP SUPER COACH View Post
    it appears more changes in the JDL coaching space with a club recently losing there TD after being hung out to dry by one of his coaches, can anyone confirm?
    Absolutely no idea - Haven't heard of any TD changes since Maitland's earlier in the year.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Club? Geez there'd be a few that would know already.

How does a coach hang a TD out to dry?

And said coach is a disease. bad luck for the TD

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Just my opinion
    I agree with everything you are saying here but the point is that none of this applies to what the JDL program is supposed to be about.Kids learn the 4 core skills, take that to their 13's coach and he/she teaches them tactics.JDL ages shouldnt ever be told how to play.they are only supposed to be told how to use their skills in a game situation.
    and yes that is an ideal world and not one coach in the program does it this way but the hope is that our fit fast strong kids of the next generation are more technically skilled than the previous lot.that way we get the best of both worlds.