Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sucks when your kid gets cut, true.

Coming on a forum and putting someone on blast with half the story is a fast track to making sure your kid (well, moreso you) gets a 'too hard basket' rep going forward.

Yep, maybe he did do the wrong thing. Maybe he made the decision he thought was best in the moment, and cut your kid as early as possible (not really anyones fault that its during covid, makes it hard, but you cant stop and wait to make decisions if you're already sure of them)

I think this is a really good opportunity to teach a young player about resilience and versatility. Spending ones time blaming others, especially coaches or TDs who are often just people trying to make the right call as per their job description, idk to me it just instills a victim mentality in the kid from day dot.

Kids like that, when things dont go right its always the coaches fault for not playing me, the teammates fault for not passing me the ball etc - theyre a nightmare to coach in youth and senior ranks because theyve had it reinforced that anything negative that happens to them isn't their fault and they the best player in the side. Ends up with a kid who isn't strong enough to bounce back from adversity, to better themselves in training, and to learn to contribute to a team outcome. Combine a difficult parent with the above player personality type? No thanks.

I dont know whats happened in detail, and I dont think anyone on this board does either (or, moreso only giving select detail - both sides) but whats done is done. Dust yourself off, teach the kid about setbacks, hopefully light a fire under him to want more for his footballing life.

Thanks will take it on board but the upsetting thing is like iv said a number of times that the club had told us we were all retained. Try telling an 11 year old they have now changed their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappygreek View Post
    Thanks will take it on board but the upsetting thing is like iv said a number of times that the club had told us we were all retained. Try telling an 11 year old they have now changed their mind.
    100% a shit situation to be in.
    Consider it a blessing you don’t have to deal with a club that would do that.
    As was said, maybe try and turn it into a positive and inspire him to show them what they are missing.
    Assuming he’s at Olympic now, so shouldn’t have a problem finding a spot at another SAP.

100% tough for him. Hope he finds a club and is happy.

Thanks.No his been cut from Olympic as well as a few others, covid means we can’t trial anywhere so it’s tough.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    Sucks when your kid gets cut, true.
    Coming on a forum and putting someone on blast with half the story is a fast track to making sure your kid (well, moreso you) gets a 'too hard basket' rep going forward.
    Actually the first post was ok and and worth knowing. Probably enough suggestions now going forward. When footy starts everyone will find their way again.