Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer7654 View Post
    Two COVID draws should not prevent the premiers of the lower division being promoted. That would be cruel
    Being relegated when you are just two points behind with 6 points to play for is more cruel. There wasn't even a guaranteed winner in ZL1. Could have been one of two teams.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Being relegated when you are just two points behind with 6 points to play for is more cruel. There wasn't even a guaranteed winner in ZL1. Could have been one of two teams.
    Talking to someone in the know today promotion and relegation will happen based on the fact the majority of season was completed and club shouldn’t be relying on results of two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I'm involved in one of those 2 Zl1 team and I actually tend to agree.
    I think a full season does need to be played to have promotion and relegation. As you say, pretty cruel for a team to get relegated when they have 6 points to play for. This is a personal opinion only though, my club may feel very differently.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    I'm involved in one of those 2 Zl1 team and I actually tend to agree.
    I think a full season does need to be played to have promotion and relegation. As you say, pretty cruel for a team to get relegated when they have 6 points to play for. This is a personal opinion only though, my club may feel very differently.
    That's right. I don't play for any of the teams in the relegation battle, but you look at all years gone by and there are upsets with teams fighting to stay up and it always goes down to the last day. No one has earned the right to go up or down until all games have been played.
    It's football, not s***er!!