Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    This actually is happening in JDL ages. Can 100% confirm at my sons club at a minimum.
    100% true,your chief scout loves offering kids from other teams a spot at his club.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    100% true,your chief scout loves offering kids from other teams a spot at his club.
    I was more referring approaches being made to miniroos parents when their kids are scouted.
    The club doesn't undertake trials per se, any identified players are usually invited to train (usually at the end of the season) with the existing playing group for however many sessions as deemed necessary.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I was more referring approaches being made to miniroos parents when their kids are scouted.
    The club doesn't undertake trials per se, any identified players are usually invited to train (usually at the end of the season) with the existing playing group for however many sessions as deemed necessary.
    and I was just having a laugh.I dont care that players are getting asked,its up to the kids to say yes or no if they want to be part of that type of thing.

kids are invited throughout the year. Also chosen from the holiday training days plus negotiations in person as needed.

But this happens at several clubs and it's up the the child and parents to decide.

Chances are that those lads would have changed clubs anyway.

I wonder how often it's the parents actively approaching clubs these days.
    Last edited by samcan; 07-06-2022 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    I wonder if parents how often it's the parents actively approaching clubs these days.
    Quite a bit I would say.Once youve been in the JDL system for the 3 or 4 years you tend to know a lot of other kids and parents and its very easy for parents to get talking to get their kid a run elsewhere.A lot of the time its just kids wanting to play with better teams,its geography,its coaching,its kids wanting to win or just play with mates they may have made along the way.Ive already seen a bit of buyers remorse from kids that have changed clubs.I would love to see those kids up and move to other clubs that could use the redistribution of talent but giving up a spot on a good team can have its own pitfalls.I guess the balance comes down to winning versus more game time and better long term development.No right or wrong answer there either.