Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reading through the info on decoupling there are some things that are a bit unclear to me.

How many games are actually in the season? So you play everyone once and then the split do you play everyone twice?? - so 26 games in league A for example.

At the end of the article it states that from 2024 there will be two divisions of 12 to start the season. Maths has never been my strong point but isn’t there only 23 teams at the moment. Who’s team 24 going to be? Is a ZPL team going to come up or another regional team?

Have heard there’s a mid week cup or something as well, anyone have any info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    Reading through the info on decoupling there are some things that are a bit unclear to me.

How many games are actually in the season? So you play everyone once and then the split do you play everyone twice?? - so 26 games in league A for example.

At the end of the article it states that from 2024 there will be two divisions of 12 to start the season. Maths has never been my strong point but isn’t there only 23 teams at the moment. Who’s team 24 going to be? Is a ZPL team going to come up or another regional team?

Have heard there’s a mid week cup or something as well, anyone have any info on that?
    The original plan was teams play each other once in both rounds. So 18 or so League games when the comp is in its correct structure from 2024 on.
    I assume the reduction in league games is going to made up for in the pre season cup (group format - 3 games + knockouts) and Premier Youth cup/plate (knockout - 2 games minimum).

So roughly a minimum of 24 competitive games with successful team maybe playing around 30ish.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin