Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The following question is for the joint zone committee.

Can someone please fix the player finals qualification process? It's a debacle....

Every year the same posts get raised about teams stacking players. The only way to fix this is by tightening the rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But the current rule means players that start 66% of a higher grade CANNOT START a lower grade in the finals, BUT they can come off the bench. This 66% refers to the total number of games. So if a first grader only plays 10 games all year, all in first grade he can play in any grade come finals time. RIDICULOUS

How about we make the 66% rule apply to competing in the lower grade match full stop. Further to that the 66% rule apply to players who have played a total of 6 games or more.

I think you will find a rule change will make it a much fairer playing field.

"Correct me if I'm wrong. But the current rule means players that start 66% of a higher grade CANNOT START a lower grade in the finals, BUT they can come off the bench. This 66% refers to the total number of games. So if a first grader only plays 10 games all year, all in first grade he can play in any grade come finals time. RIDICULOUS"

it is 66% of their games and a said player can only drop one grade to be on the bench.

I have said for years this system is faulty and needs to be tightened, coming off the bench without playing a game in that grade is the problem, there needs to be some sort of qualification to the grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    "Correct me if I'm wrong. But the current rule means players that start 66% of a higher grade CANNOT START a lower grade in the finals, BUT they can come off the bench. This 66% refers to the total number of games. So if a first grader only plays 10 games all year, all in first grade he can play in any grade come finals time. RIDICULOUS"

it is 66% of their games and a said player can only drop one grade to be on the bench.

I have said for years this system is faulty and needs to be tightened, coming off the bench without playing a game in that grade is the problem, there needs to be some sort of qualification to the grade.
    The old way wasn?t the worst being you had to play 5 of last 7 games in that grade to qualify and if you played 4 and 3 you qualify the highest grade and the grade you qualify in for the finals you can?t play under that even if it?s on the bench. Pretty simple