Thread: Round 4 Jets v Western on Mars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Silly me, posted this in wrong thread before the game.....

I don't get it anymore....WU in green, refs in flouro green and instead of the obviously different gold kit, we wear white and green.

What was once the "alternate kit" is now a compulsory "away kit", for obvious marketing reasons.

So glad I was a child of the 70s when common sense prevailed. One replica shirt did you five seasons.

And I notice we get the "diversity refs" this week, and the most sterile of the P+ commentary partnerships. Jets attacking and the idiot says "look at the camels".....

No atmos, 3pm in woop woop. APL doesn't care about anyone but the P+ "big four".
    I agree with a lot of what you say in general, JM, and some of what you say in the post but I have to challenge part of this too.

Calling the referee the "diversity ref" isn't ok. The gender of a referee doesn't and shouldn't matter - Casey Reibelt is a professional referee in her own right who has completed the course to achieve such a level. In fact I see that have female referee in the center at the highest levels of the game for both men and women is something that should be celebrated and set our game apart from others.

More broadly to all on this forum, not JM specifically, it's been called out on this forum before that this is not a friendly place for women, and it's time we do it again. Many of know each other, but a lot of us don't know who each other are. No matter who we are, the Jets should be what united us and bring us here regardless of gender or anything else. We should all be better.

As for commentary - couldn't agree more. It's as if there isn't an attempt to hide the clear bias in commentary to the big city teams. The Jets men didn't win that match....WU lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you say in general, JM, and some of what you say in the post but I have to challenge part of this too.

Calling the referee the "diversity ref" isn't ok. The gender of a referee doesn't and shouldn't matter - Casey Reibelt is a professional referee in her own right who has completed the course to achieve such a level. In fact I see that have female referee in the center at the highest levels of the game for both men and women is something that should be celebrated and set our game apart from others.

More broadly to all on this forum, not JM specifically, it's been called out on this forum before that this is not a friendly place for women, and it's time we do it again. Many of know each other, but a lot of us don't know who each other are. No matter who we are, the Jets should be what united us and bring us here regardless of gender or anything else. We should all be better.

As for commentary - couldn't agree more. It's as if there isn't an attempt to hide the clear bias in commentary to the big city teams. The Jets men didn't win that match....WU lost it.
    Well said mate, spot on..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Hear hear.
    Foz needs a ?like? function.