Thread: 2024 Zone League 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    Other than the Olympic result over Mayfield things went pretty much to script over the weekend.
    Olympic were solid in their first year of the top grade so I probably shouldn?t have underestimated them.
    Mayfield are always quality and will bounce back from that.

Bay too good for a depleted Westlakes. Even the one goal had some question marks on it with the GK cleaned up on the goal line when a free kick was put in high. Couldn?t see what actually happened as there were about 15 blokes all around it, but GK finished on the deck with rib injury
    30 goals in the opening round.
    It?s a bit of an anticlimax now having the week off.
    Did anyone get a glimpse of the Cardiff Dudley match?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Did anyone get a glimpse of the Cardiff Dudley match?
    yep sure did.

Take the result in the end, shows us what we have to do moving forward, compared to last year.
    Wasn't a bad game for the 1st game of the season from both sides, i dont think either side played to their full potential.

Picked up 2 bad ankle injuries in lower grades and 1st grade keeper went to hospital straight after the game and failed concussion test.
    So the knock he took at about the 60min mark wasn't an act.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    yep sure did.

Take the result in the end, shows us what we have to do moving forward, compared to last year.
    Wasn't a bad game for the 1st game of the season from both sides, i dont think either side played to their full potential.

Picked up 2 bad ankle injuries in lower grades and 1st grade keeper went to hospital straight after the game and failed concussion test.
    So the knock he took at about the 60min mark wasn't an act.

What happened in the lower grades? Dudley were practically invincible in 3rds and Res last year. Bit of a shock seeing them drop points in both in the first hit out of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    What happened in the lower grades? Dudley were practically invincible in 3rds and Res last year. Bit of a shock seeing them drop points in both in the first hit out of this season.
    a bit of grit, a bit of luck they couldn't hit the side of a barn from 2 foot, bit of this, bit of that and that's football my friend.

They no doubt had more chances in both grades, but in the end goals win games and goals draw games (dudley 79min).

Cheers