Thread: 2024 Jets Academies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Nah. The top half in NPL3 Syd would easily compete in our 1st grade. Mounties would be top 4.

Agree, Div 3 is a slap in the face for an Academy Club.

They had every chance last year but blew it.

Year before we finished top but the converging divisions meant no real promotion.
    The bottom third at least of YL2 were pretty average last year, I could only manage 3 in that space being even more average, would that not filter through to senior teams where players would be pushing to play at least League 1?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    The bottom third at least of YL2 were pretty average last year, I could only manage 3 in that space being even more average, would that not filter through to senior teams where players would be pushing to play at least League 1?
    I was referring only to the mens comp which our u21s Jets "youth" play in. Thats a decent level.

As for the PYL 13s to 18s. Div 3 is not great. Top 5/6 of our NPL comp would fit into Syd Div 2 comfortably.

PYL13-18s is tier 1

U20s and "1st grade" seem to be perennially stuck at the bottom (but imagine that also makes it hard for them to attract decent players too)

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    PYL13-18s is tier 1

U20s and "1st grade" seem to be perennially stuck at the bottom (but imagine that also makes it hard for them to attract decent players too)
    Early days but both undefeated, leading their competitions and the club championship. Watch this space I guess. Be good to get some crowds out there on a Sunday afternoon/evening to support them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Early days but both undefeated, leading their competitions and the club championship. Watch this space I guess. Be good to get some crowds out there on a Sunday afternoon/evening to support them.
    Promotion only occurs from 1st grade results. Club champ is a minor trophy.