Thread: New Ownership 2023

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So, do we have 9 more days to get confirmation from either the current owners or new owners, otherwise we're not in next season? 19th of April coming around very quickly (conroy said we had 1 month until they needed a decision for next season on 19 march).

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    So, do we have 9 more days to get confirmation from either the current owners or new owners, otherwise we're not in next season? 19th of April coming around very quickly (conroy said we had 1 month until they needed a decision for next season on 19 march).
    This is part of the media mania - Conroy did not say the Jets had till April 19th.

He actually said this....

Unfortunately, we've got to plan for next year. It's just a reality. The other clubs deserve certainty," he said. "I mean, we talk about: 'oh we've got [to have] certainly about Newcastle or Canberra.'

There are 11 or 12 other clubs who need certainty to plan their seasons, to make bookings, to sign players. Now are players from Canberra or any other club available? Auckland are trying to sign players, so they need certainty.

It does reach a point where it becomes very hard to do the proper planning if it’s outside the next few weeks.

It's unfair if we drag it on to June -- I'm not proposing that, I'm just picking a random date
    -- unfair on the other clubs and our responsibility is for the league as a whole, not just for the individual club.

So we've got responsibilities to all the clubs to resolve these issues so they can get on with their planning, they're attracting players or selling players or whatever decisions they want to make."
    Seems clear to me but the lemmings will listen to whatever Chinese whispers the media force feeds them. Know for yourself.........
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS