Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Definitely a shame if they fold, never good to see a club not get off the ground. I was speaking to a couple of their coaches in the off-season and they thought they might be struggling for numbers this year. Definite shame, but if they can't get the numbers it might be the best thing to fold. Playing for Muswellbrook last year, I wouldn't recommend any team going into the comp short on players, doesn't make for a fun season. I think there is a minumum squad size that has to be met as well, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just assuming that player numbers are the issue as well, haven't spoken to their guys since October, but that was the story then...

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    I think there is a minumum squad size that has to be met as well, correct me if I'm wrong.
    No your right, each division has a minimum number of players that need to be registered and their fees paid for by the club by a date set by the Assoc's BUT that is not until shortly before the season kicks off so at this stage of draws and planning the Assoc's have to work off clubs best assessments.

The other issue is registering is not the same as a fit body on the field all year, and some clubs have been known even recently in higher divisions to have to register guys with no intnention of playing just to give them their position in a comp while the find extra players.
    Last edited by demon; 08-02-2013 at 11:48 AM.