Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 2024 NPL Men's

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    Well Adamstown ‘bit the billet’ and sacked Daniel Dawkins with. moylo in the job temporary
    Limited squad can’t see much changing -talked to several players who indicated Dawkins was out of his depth with no clear plans-was problematic from the start and it is sad to see such a grand old club go backwards but I honestly believe it is needed they not up to standard anywhere and some time in 2nd division help them to regroup and see how they can build
    The players think he is out of his depth. What a joke the players are out of their depth.
    The NPL is park football at best from most teams. There is only 4 maybe 5 teams up to NPL level.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    The very first year of NPL there was a points system included that would have worked perfectly but magic & olympic seen the threat and had it watered down to what it is today, it?s basically pointless, pardon the pun.
    I would like to see a system that almost forces clubs to play their own youth into seniors.Maybe 18s and reserves need to have a % of players who have played in the junior ranks,and a smaller % into 1st grade.Something that takes away the habit of stacking reserves with weaker clubs best players and does the double whammy of not only having good players on benches,but keeps good players at clubs that need them the most and hopefully strengthening the competition.Local NPL (and realistically the A-League itself) should be all about a pathway for young players trying to make steps up the ladder.Seeing the same old veterans swap NPL clubs year after year doesnt do a whole lot to grow the comp.Limit overage players per club,force local youth to play and see if that helps.Of course theres 100 holes in the few sentences I've typed but the cycle the local comp is in at the moment doesnt seem to be improving.And if you ask every NPL club they'll tell you they are all about youth development and are very proud of the kids they are bringing through.So lets see these same kids make it to 1st grade.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I would like to see a system that almost forces clubs to play their own youth into seniors.Maybe 18s and reserves need to have a % of players who have played in the junior ranks,and a smaller % into 1st grade.Something that takes away the habit of stacking reserves with weaker clubs best players and does the double whammy of not only having good players on benches,but keeps good players at clubs that need them the most and hopefully strengthening the competition.Local NPL (and realistically the A-League itself) should be all about a pathway for young players trying to make steps up the ladder.Seeing the same old veterans swap NPL clubs year after year doesnt do a whole lot to grow the comp.Limit overage players per club,force local youth to play and see if that helps.Of course theres 100 holes in the few sentences I've typed but the cycle the local comp is in at the moment doesnt seem to be improving.And if you ask every NPL club they'll tell you they are all about youth development and are very proud of the kids they are bringing through.So lets see these same kids make it to 1st grade.
    You can?t be serious with this post.
    Clubs have excessive restrictions on them at the moment & don?t require more.
    We all whinge & moan about how poor the standard is, how few players are developed into elite footballers & how expensive the game is??funny thing is that all these issues didn?t exist before the handbrake was put on clubs.
    Stop limiting clubs via red tape and restriction that are clearly choking the game in this area & watch the game prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    You can?t be serious with this post.
    Clubs have excessive restrictions on them at the moment & don?t require more.
    We all whinge & moan about how poor the standard is, how few players are developed into elite footballers & how expensive the game is??funny thing is that all these issues didn?t exist before the handbrake was put on clubs.
    Stop limiting clubs via red tape and restriction that are clearly choking the game in this area & watch the game prosper.
    I was serious in wanting the game to change and it sounds like you want change too,so we agree there.We just differ on what we want to see and thats fine.I think NNSW needs to decide what they want NPL to mean.If its just a straight up chest beating competition then I agree,do away with any salary caps,points restrictions and dont make them require youth programs.Just let it be a free for all if thats what they want.I would rather see it used as a next step up for kids that have come through the mini roos/JDL/NPL youth programs.I am interested to hear what restrictions you would do away with that you alluded to in your post.I am not involved in seniors so have no real understanding on what you feel is holding clubs/the game back at that level.

Yes. We are at the point where we need to figure out what the local NPL is.

The changed that occurred were aimed to increase the number of youth coming through and playing first grade. It’s just happened artificially.

The positives - all clubs have a good youth set up now, with players coming through.

NPL first grade should not be a conveyor belt or a glorified youth comp. It should be the best players in the region, regardless of age.

I think first and foremost, the local NPL needs to get back what made it so great. The club stalwarts, the rivalries, the players everyone associated with certain clubs, the journeyman, the young prodigies coming through.

I’m not sure what the dynamics are within clubs, some would do this better than others. But I used to love youth (18/19s), reserves (22/23/annd overage players) and first grade playing on the same day.
    Great atmosphere on game day. Youth players able to bench for reserves and so on. Great training vibes when the “seniors” would train together or at least the same time and intermingle a little.

I just feel like we are trying to artificially promote young players for the sake of it.

Scrap the stupid points system in its current form. Again the idea was to spread talent, instead clubs find loopholes, petition for changes and we end up with a system that is doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

NPL first grade should not be a conveyor belt or a glorified youth comp. It should be the best players in the region, regardless of age.

But I used to love youth (18/19s), reserves (22/23/annd overage players) and first grade playing on the same day.
    Yes,thats why my original post was more about promoting youth into 18s and reserves,if they leave 1st grade as a free for all then I'm ok with that too.I havent met anyone over the last 2 seasons who thinks playing 18s with youth is a good idea.18s should always be closer to 1st and reserves than they are to 16s (and younger).I hope they change this back.It also makes youth game days really long and we have seen plenty of occasions where 18s are played on a separate day to the other youth anyway.Having 18s play 1st on a senior day then hopefully hanging around to support the top grades is a great way to build culture in clubs rather than them kicking off in the cold and dark and the canteen crew are dying to shut up shop and go home.

[QUOTE=Bremsstrahlung;273623]Yes. We are at the point where we need to figure out what the local NPL is.

I’m not sure what the dynamics are within clubs, some would do this better than others. But I used to love youth (18/19s), reserves (22/23/annd overage players) and first grade playing on the same day.
    Great atmosphere on game day. Youth players able to bench for reserves and so on. Great training vibes when the “seniors” would train together or at least the same time and intermingle a little.

3 grades on the same day, once the best option to build club culture etc, but it needs to be 1st, reserves and U/18's or U/19's.

Placing age restrictions on a reserve grade, is that still going on? or are we straight reggies again.

[QUOTE=Jardelsimage;273625]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Yes. We are at the point where we need to figure out what the local NPL is.

I?m not sure what the dynamics are within clubs, some would do this better than others. But I used to love youth (18/19s), reserves (22/23/annd overage players) and first grade playing on the same day.
    Great atmosphere on game day. Youth players able to bench for reserves and so on. Great training vibes when the ?seniors? would train together or at least the same time and intermingle a little.

3 grades on the same day, once the best option to build club culture etc, but it needs to be 1st, reserves and U/18's or U/19's.

Placing age restrictions on a reserve grade, is that still going on? or are we straight reggies again.
    totally agree.
    the current ressies is a under 15/16/17 comp, that no one cares or watches.
    i don't understand, why pushing so many young players, when not ready and demand silly monies. this is a buy product of the emerging jets, shit system.
    having the best 18/19's ressies and 1st on same day was a great day out.
    now, mum and dad drop the ressies off, pack them away in the car after game and go for a happy meal.

Good to see the refs protecting magic tonight. Ignore a blatant penalty for lakes at 1-1 in the 87th minute and give the softest of penalties up the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    And if you ask every NPL club they'll tell you they are all about youth development and are very proud of the kids they are bringing through.So lets see these same kids make it to 1st grade.
    They are proud? They should be embarrassed. The large majority go to all-age or back to mountain biking.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They are proud? They should be embarrassed. The large majority go to all-age or back to mountain biking.
    I agree Trigger it just doesn?t work

Not saying we have the answers, but at New Lambton we have around half our senior squad that have come through our youth system, or have at least played with the club more than 5 years.

In last nights teams we had 12 players who have directly come through the youth program here. In my book we are at least pointing in the right direction as a development club.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Please turn on your sarcasm detector.

Quote Originally Posted by matjpacker View Post
    Not saying we have the answers, but at New Lambton we have around half our senior squad that have come through our youth system, or have at least played with the club more than 5 years.

In last nights teams we had 12 players who have directly come through the youth program here. In my book we are at least pointing in the right direction as a development club.
    Because they are playing first grade doesn?t necessarily mean it?s working, it?s pretty and nice to say all this but the results say otherwise, full credit to new Lambton for trying this but is it sustainable, time will tell, watch out for other clubs throwing money around if any of your development players happen to stand out, because you?ll get nothing for your investment

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Because they are playing first grade doesn?t necessarily mean it?s working, it?s pretty and nice to say all this but the results say otherwise, full credit to new Lambton for trying this but is it sustainable, time will tell, watch out for other clubs throwing money around if any of your development players happen to stand out, because you?ll get nothing for your investment
    Red is right, mum and dad will always go for the $

Lol.....Investment?
    You mean the near on $2k that the parents are forking out to be in an NPL program?

I agree with Namwob's sentiment...how can anyone call it an "investment" from a club, when it's actually a revenue stream for the club

Remove the cost and add transfer fees...than it'd be an investment

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    I agree with Namwob's sentiment...how can anyone call it an "investment" from a club, when it's actually a revenue stream for the club

Remove the cost and add transfer fees...than it'd be an investment
    It?s an investment of time & energy over several years

I thought Lakes were bad until I saw Adamstown

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    I thought Lakes were bad until I saw Adamstown
    But the coach is out of his depth 🤦🏼*♂️