Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Zone League 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    This grub still crying over the mighty Cardiff. Get some counselling girlfriend
    Don't make yourself look any more of an idiot. You probably got one of the reds

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    not one of mine River, just saying...

Westlakes Thirds being beaten 15-0

Minmi Thirds forfeiting their match

It’s a shame seeing this and definitely not good for the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Westlakes Thirds being beaten 15-0

Minmi Thirds forfeiting their match

It’s a shame seeing this and definitely not good for the competition.
    BuT wE nEeD tO hAvE tHrEe GrAdEs……
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    BuT wE nEeD tO hAvE tHrEe GrAdEs……
    but the sky would fall in
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    hahaha. this princess with his river of tears. get off the tit, mums had enough lolol
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Jesus. Did they have a full team in 3rds
    Bare 11 with our RM drawing the short straw and going in goals. Gassed out but still disappointed in ourselves it went into double digits.

Ressies had myself drawing the short straw and going between the sticks, once again disappointed it blew out.

Firsts was tight game 1-1 after 60 minutes and then we imploded a little. Glad we put in a shift and hopefully doing so again in future rounds will get us some results.

hahaha. this princess with his river of tears. get off the tit, mums had enough lolol
    But your mum keeps calling me back, she enjoys it too much.

Mayfield v Dudley first
    0-1

Cardiff v Westlakes
    3rds 8-0
    res 5-0

but the sky would fall in
    Who would run the BBQ! Won't somebody please think of the sausages!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    BuT wE nEeD tO hAvE tHrEe GrAdEs??
    Well from what I have seen so far 10 of the 12 clubs have been able to field competent 3rd grade teams all season so why would you get rid of it entirely because 2 clubs are struggling to keep up?

Well from what I have seen so far 10 of the 12 clubs have been able to field competent 3rd grade teams all season so why would you get rid of it entirely because 2 clubs are struggling to keep up?
    isn't it 21 out of 23? or is something happening in ZL2 we don't know about..

isn't it 21 out of 23? or is something happening in ZL2 we don't know about..
    As far as I am aware there are only 12 teams in ZL1. If the teams in ZL2 are also filling out their squads then that is great news and just adds more credence to keeping 3rd grade as part of the set up.

To be fair and with all respect. Out of the 12 clubs in ZL1, Westlakes and Minmi are going to find it harder than most to attract players there simply due to their geographical location. They are always going to be a bit more disadvantaged to bolster a strong squad at the best of times. So you only need to throw in a few injuries to the top end of their squads and they will be stretched. Third grade will always feel that the worst as players shift up. It also sounds like Westlakes are having outfield players in both thirds and ressies which I'm sure all clubs have experienced before and can understand it's an extremely difficult situation to be in.
    I don't think it's fair to sling shit at them for having tough results against what is becoming a much stronger third grade squad than what we have seen in quite some time, probably ever.

People can laugh about the whole bbq third grade joke as much as they want. But I think the majority are coping and in favour of keeping it that way.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    To be fair and with all respect. Out of the 12 clubs in ZL1, Westlakes and Minmi are going to find it harder than most to attract players there simply due to their geographical location. They are always going to be a bit more disadvantaged to bolster a strong squad at the best of times. So you only need to throw in a few injuries to the top end of their squads and they will be stretched. Third grade will always feel that the worst as players shift up. It also sounds like Westlakes are having outfield players in both thirds and ressies which I'm sure all clubs have experienced before and can understand it's an extremely difficult situation to be in.
    I don't think it's fair to sling shit at them for having tough results against what is becoming a much stronger third grade squad than what we have seen in quite some time, probably ever.

People can laugh about the whole bbq third grade joke as much as they want. But I think the majority are coping and in favour of keeping it that way.
    Definitely not meaning any disrespect to the likes of Westlakes and Minmi and I realise they face unique circumstances that others clubs dont have to deal with as much. However I am just pointing out that it would be a shame to cut down the squad numbers of the majority of clubs in the league just so a couple of struggling ones are able to keep up.

Definitely not meaning any disrespect to the likes of Westlakes and Minmi and I realise they face unique circumstances that others clubs dont have to deal with as much. However I am just pointing out that it would be a shame to cut down the squad numbers of the majority of clubs in the league just so a couple of struggling ones are able to keep up.
    No, I agree with you. My post wasn't really in reply to you. More so the previous posts.

I am very much in favour of clubs remaining with three grades and I feel overall across the board it is a better outcome.
    It's football, not s***er!!

No, I agree with you. My post wasn't really in reply to you. More so the previous posts.

I am very much in favour of clubs remaining with three grades and I feel overall across the board it is a better outcome.
    Maybe the answer is to make ZL2 a two grade competition. Clubs like Minmi & Westlakes would flourish in this set up but if you have ambition like a Croatia you can put the foundations of a third grade team in place maybe through the all age competition and have them ready to step up the following season in ZL1.

This would also put a bit of fear in the relegation race for clubs in ZL1 as you desperately won?t want to be demoted and have to cut a third of your squad.

Not sure what the current set up is but I would have last in ZL1 go straight down. First in ZL2 go straight up. And then a playoff maybe over two legs between 2nd bottom ZL1 verse 2nd in ZL2

Disagree - both Westlakes and Minmi have big areas to draw from.

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Disagree - both Westlakes and Minmi have big areas to draw from.
    You are entitled to your opinion but you are unbelievably wrong.

As someone who has lived in the area and played for the club for 25 years we don?t have a big area to draw from.

We have a hub of 3 suburbs to get children from

After that everything suburb/school is based around Toronto Awaba FC to the north and Southern Lakes/Morisset/Central Coast leagues to the south.

I cannot speak for Minmi but they do seem to be in complete no mans land, however only they could tell.