Page 20 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2013

exactly what i was thinking Pico. Taggs probably won't even make it onto the bench in the youth team.

GVE heaped a lot of praise on Caravella on the weekend. So I wouldn't be suprised if he's the one that makes way for Taggart.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    i don't think anyone is under the belief they could tell the future & know that poppa/ange would do as good as they have, compared to gve. what we're saying is we made the wrong choice, and should fix that choice.

fwiw i personally thought ange was making bold moves, arsing tiatto, miller & moore. i really liked farina's brisbane team, genuinely thought they were one of the better teams in the comp back then. but i sat back and thought i'd see how it panned out, and ange got results in no time (iirc he came in midway through a season, and won the next season? so less time than gve?). and poppa - i thought it was the wrong career move for him. he was at a club he was a "legend" of, was in a position that he could one day take full control, and i thought he'd come back many years later to be a wondercoach for the NT or something. i genuinely thought his team of misfits would battle for last place with sydney fc, and the media here would be relentless & send his career to nothing. so i thought he was setting himself up in the firing line of the media, and they would kill his career.

the great thing we had with gve was hindsight. he had failed previously, when given full control of the team. tbh i was one of those 99%, thinking gve would do better than poppa. not because of how i saw poppa as a manager, but because i had seen the progress we made towards the end of last season, plus the confirmed knowledge that we had the funds set aside for two marquees in a preseason that i thought we stood out more than any other preseason. but we have gone into the season, and gotten worse. we've seemingly hit the peak & are heading downhill. something tells me that in gve's master plan, there wasn't the "in the second season we will disregard the system & go shit" idea.
    Very fair comments, i completely agree!

I should have mentioned that i didn't really mean the forum with that post... i have heard people speak about it at matches and in general!

Club Statement: Ben Kantarovski

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...tarovski/60677

The Newcastle Jets advise injured midfielder Ben Kantarovski has been fined and disciplined by the club following an incident last Saturday night.

Kantarovski has been undertaking intensive rehabilitation for more than 12 weeks on a serious knee injury suffered in Round 4.

He was expected back in several weeks but unfortunately an injury sustained during the incident means he will be out for the rest of the season.

CEO Robbie Middleby said while they are disappointed he ignored Club protocol while in rehab, no one is more upset or disappointed over this incident than Kantarovski himself.

"Ben is aware he has let down the club, his teammates and all our members, fans and corporate supporters in a critical part of the season," Middleby said.

The police were not called to the incident and Kantarovski has been dealt with by the Club’s internal disciplinary committee

We still have a chance then

Banned
    Am hearing that the Liverpoo are coming to play Victree in Melburn in late July rumour to be a goer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    disco biscuits mk2?

This will probably put his deal with Bayern Munich in jeopardy.

Which club is the most successful outfit in the German Bundesliga?

king st

State clubs to become talent production lines

February 13, 2013

Sebastian Hassett

It's not quite the second division the Asian Football Confederation demands but Football Federation Australia believes the new National Premier League will convert state league clubs into a powerhouse production line of talent.

The league is not so much a new competition as it is a set of nationwide standards, which marks a crucial step in unifying the disparate state federations. Since the evolution of the A-League in 2004, they have been largely left to run their premier state competitions without regard for a broader strategy.

That will all change over the next two years. This year, the top leagues of NSW, Queensland, South Australia, ACT and Tasmania will implement wide-ranging reform. Next year, Victoria, Western Australia and northern NSW will also come into line.

There are several key modifications, some of which have been two years in the making, but the overriding motivation is the development of youth and to increase their top-level opportunities at an earlier age.
    Advertisement

Perhaps the most interesting aspect will be the implementation of a points-based cap - but not necessarily a salary cap - for how each team can assemble their players.

With players expected to be valued at 10 points each, clubs will have 200 points to work with in building their squads. Players developed from within the club's own junior ranks will consume fewer, while those poached from other clubs will be worth more.

It is hoped this will increase the competitiveness of smaller clubs and serve to prevent the richest clubs from buying all the available talent in the pool, as they have been accused of doing in recent years.

All clubs who play in the top state leagues will be required to have a fully functioning under-20 side. Their season may be extended to create more competition in junior ranks.

Crucially, each club will have to appoint a technical director, with a minimum of a B-standard coaching licence, who will report to and liaise with the state technical director.

That role can either be separated from or combined with the senior coach's role, which must carry a minimum of a B licence - something only roughly half of present coaches hold.

Elite state league clubs will be asked to form closer ties with amateur and community clubs in their local area in an effort to create a more complete pathway from the grassroots to the top tier.

For those who implement the reforms sooner, there are financial rewards. Instead of picking up a training compensation fee of between $3000 and $5000 for seeing a player graduate to the A-League, a fully adapted club will receive a fee between $6000 and $10,000.

While such standards pave the way for the creation of a second division for the A-League, that is still considered many years away. It does, however, create a greater parity for the FFA Cup, which may be introduced as soon as 2015.

■ The FFA has announced that Sydney-born Major League Soccer senior executive Russell Sargeant will become the A-League's operations general manager.

Sargeant has spent the past decade in the US, working in administration and marketing for the San Jose Earthquakes between 2003 and 2005 and for the past eight years with the league itself. He takes up his new position in March.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league...#ixzz2KiPPPCkd
    Not much we didn't already know really, hardly worth a presser.

The FFA cup is coming in 2 years will believe it when I see it, its the FFA's 6-8 weeks.

it's so much more important now more than ever to have local boys in your team. wd gve on removing jobe

victory will be loving it - i think half their squad is victorian or something like that. ( http://www.news.com.au/sport/footbal...-1226541456863 )
    OK

so is NSW the only state that has two "state" federations?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Northern NSW is the third largest football federation in Australia

NSW has about 200,000 players
    Victoria has about 65,000
    NNSW has 53,000

other state federations are smaller than us, and yes, one per state

we really should be a separate state in more than just football
    Last edited by boz-monaut; 13-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Banned
    Rather ironic with these reforms that no effort has been made to merge NSW Fed and NNSW Feds into 1 fed

Are they trying to kill the clubs in NNSW?

maybe it will stop the heinous practice of coaches taking all their mates to a new club whenever they get the shits with the old one

It's difficult to get numbers to run the clubs at the moments yet alone introducing yet another puzzle into the running. The other questions are who is going to pay for the coach to obtain the B License? Isn't it around the $5k mark to obtain and take several weeks of full time study/lecture to obtain? I've also been told that the youth and Assistant coach's will require the C license, which again is over $1k to obtain and takes almost a month to complete.

It's easy for the FFA to pass down these policies to the federations but they need to remember that the 'Elite" comp in NNSW is made up entirely of clubs run by volunteers and not paid executives.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Rather ironic with these reforms that no effort has been made to merge NSW Fed and NNSW Feds into 1 fed
    check out Alanis Morissette over here

there's serious resistance to doing that from both federations - you may as well try to combine WA and SA, there's a lot fewer players involved

Banned
    I am aware there is serious resistance from the NNSW and NSW Feds to amalgamate. This reform though is coming from higher up and would present a good opportunity to force change through. This reform is about whats best for the game in the country. Not whats best in Northern New South Wales