Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

I definitely agree that the ref was shocking. Last week that same ref made an offside call, which was supported by the Jesmond club-linesman. The striker yells "Mate I ran past 2 players to get there". Ref goes, "Oh, ok", and blows the whistle for a goal. From that point Muswellbrook were dead in the water and got nothing from the game.

My point is, that with these refs, or club refs, these things happen. As someone said above, it comes down to who exploits it better. Mussy fly into challenges every week. It's how we play. This week we got away with a few. Next week we may not.

So has anyone deserved a win in the opening two rounds cause from what iv read the "better" team has lost a lot. Or is it just sour grapes mix with the ref is against us??

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    Possession was fairly even, both sides were underwhelming and the ref was ordinary at best. Mussy took advantage of the situation better and deserved the win
    You're one righteous mofo mosquito but you do know your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    bit of a hike to get to though innit
    the ref had an official ref on one line, which he literally ignored for every decision, and used the young lad on the other side for all his decisions (or non-decisions).
    i dunno about y'all, but when a players get a yellow card in a game they defend completely differently. they stand off a bit more, they give a little more room & in general they hit people less.

Agree, ref can sort the hackers early so the others can get on with the game. Consistency and knowing when to yellow would be nice.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and go for a bit of a different take on things in the Mussy vs. Westlakes game/refereeing.

Firstly the linesman is 15, yes he is little and looks 12 but he is actually 15. It is a bit ridiculous to place the loss on the performance of the referee. I'm not sitting here saying the referee had a good game, but I don't think the result can be placed on him. I think Westlakes played a decent game and knock the ball around well, but wouldn't by any stretch of imagination say definitely deserved to win the game.

If I look at our game against Jesmond, yes there was in my opinion an awful decision involving one of the goals and we barely won a 50-50 call all game. But that isn't why we lost, at the end of the day we were toothless in attack, not hungry enough and didn't deserve to win. We can talk all we want about the ref but Jesmond were the hungrier of the two teams and were good enough for the win, we weren't.

Throughout the week the gaffer spoke to our boys about the game and the lack of desire and players not willing to stand up and take control of a match and turn it on it's head, and we were much improved on Saturday. People can say that this foul or that foul should have been given, but at the end of the day I don't think Westlakes did quite enough to win. Most of the talk has been of Westlakes dominating the game and being hard done by, but in truth they were ineffective in the final third and majority of the would be fouls were in the middle of the park, not anywhere near threatening the Mussy goal.

If our first goal was offside, and from where I was at CB it did look to be, you could say that a draw may have been fair. But to say Westlakes deserves a win is a bit of a stretch. Muswellbrook were awarded a penalty at 0-0 which should have been put away, and it was a foul, not a bad foul, but a foul nonetheless. Also there were a couple of one-on-ones (one of which was at 0-0) which our striker should have slotted but was wasteful. We also had some really good patches of possession which haven't yet been mentioned.

Westlakes scored with their only clear cut chance and other than that, failed to trouble out defence too much. There is talk of Muswellbrook players going through the back, but I can't agree with that. We played a physical committed game but I thought Westlakes at times threw themselves about as well, and I'm not saying in a bad way. I thought it made for a really good competitive match.

It also hasn't been mentioned that Mussy lost their CB very early on to injury and needed to make two more changes due to injury as well, which can be difficult but we coped with it well.

At the end of the day, regardless of the ref, I just don't think Westlakes did quite enough for the win, in the same way we didn't do enough against Jesmond. I think that they were just missing a match winning touch in the final third, and in big Dunc (everyone knows who I'm talking about) they definitely have that. With him added to that team they will be a real force, but I think Mussy were good for their win on Saturday. Just a bit hungrier and dig in a little deeper.

Am aware there will probably be some vitriol sent my way, but this is my opinion and that's what these forums are for right?

Boom.

Your spot on there mate, hopefully this puts the issue to bed. From westlakes Aswell so clearly no bias

If he is 15 he still should not be doing a senior line.....
    Anywho keen to be back next wk
    Amigos Aarau

Any idea when games missed in round two will be caught up??

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    next week probs

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    mussy v Westlakes

reserves 0-5

firsts 2-1

ask leftrightout about his "neutral" opinion on the game. apparently all other opinions are laughable
    I didnt actually get the chance to see this game but from what i have read, a few others have had a laugh for me.

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    If he is 15 he still should not be doing a senior line.....
    Anywho keen to be back next wk
    In that case lets no have a linesman and the referee doesn't make the call anyway as he is not in the position to make it and we are in the same situation anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    In that case lets no have a linesman and the referee doesn't make the call anyway as he is not in the position to make it and we are in the same situation anyway...
    Has anyone thought that maybe the kid got the call right? He was in the best position out of everyone to make the call.

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    Has anyone thought that maybe the kid got the call right? He was in the best position out of everyone to make the call.
    I was watching from the stands directly inline with the play, mussy striker was 2 metres offside. TXK even said it looked offside from where he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    If our first goal was offside, and from where I was at CB it did look to be, you could say that a draw may have been fair. But to say Westlakes deserves a win is a bit of a stretch.
    I beleive a draw was a fair result, westlakes better in first half and musswellbrook was better in the second.
    both teams had chances that they couldnt capitalise on its just sad that a controversial decision changed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    I have spoken to a couple of people that believe it was the correct call. I saw it from CB and thought it was off but being so far away I can't really judge. In any case as I said before dont the game was won or lost on the refereeing. That is all from me

get over it.. games over refs made his call and u have to look at next week now.. talk about something interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by a-gunners View Post
    get over it.. games over refs made his call and u have to look at next week now.. talk about something interesting...
    who won ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    who won ?
    the ref. he got paid and caused much confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Advance vs CCB will be next Tuesday night at Jesmond Park.
    Charlestown City Blues - 2013 Zone League Two
    1st Grade Grand Final Winners
    Reserve Grade Grand Final Winners

Westlakes: serial whingers. Constantly hatin it.

Didnt see the game but in regards to the offside something that hasn't been mentioned is that the west lakes centre back is the slowest bloke in the universe. Deadset slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter. Considering he's the slowest bloke in world football, his positioning is extremely poor, often sitting way too deep. With a quick striker (like Muswellbrook have) I can see lots of teams being gifted goals thanks to the slo-motion style of running from the big west lakes centre back. With the turning circle of a fully loaded road train, the west lakes centre back would struggle to turn and chase down a wheelchair-less Stephen Hawking. My nan would be paying 1.01 to beat him in a hundred metre sprint... and my Nans dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours