Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: GVE Gooooooooone

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Would a good proportion of members not renewing dislike GVE? Yes.
    Would changing the coach change whether or not they renew? imo no.
    I am not so sure. I have spoken to alot of members who are adamant that they will not renew again until he is gone. I am seriously considering following the same rule. Still might renew unless we re-sign Thompson. If they do that I will not return until the two of them are gone

i am going to be re-signing as a member*. but it isn't such a big commitment for me, as i get the non-ticketed membership anyway.

* subject to them not jacking up the prices by 400% or something stupid like that.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Would changing the coach change whether or not they renew? imo no.
    For me, perhaps. If GVE walked out tomorrow and we went to the usual suspects and suddenly had Kosmina in charge, I wouldn't renew. GVE was the safe, unimaginative option and it's turned out to be disastrous.

Also, I might actually re-sign but purely as a GA member and as a single not me + wife combo.

You'll should be re-signing as members and getting to as many games as possible, nothing says I have the right to bitch and moan like being a ticketed member. Plus at $130 (iirc) you only need to attend 1/2 the matches to cover cost and after 4 home games of the same GVE will get the boot* and we'll see Deans back in charge as the interim coach at the SFS.

based purely on speculation that GVE has until round 8 to prove himself

I emailed HSG a month ago and said I would not be renewing. (Gold Family membership in Western Grandstand) To their credit they came back and sought feedback. My response was " Unfortunately, the team is not entertaining enough to continue watching"

They said they will try harder bla bla bla.

The membership figures will be whatever they will be. The more worrying thing is when I speak to people around town, and I've been around the local scene for a long time, the number of older football people, ex players and coaches who refuse to go to games because of the style of play being dished up. A lot of these guys are often retired and most have a few bob to spend, you'd think they'd look forward to an A-League game in their home town. If the football didn't put you to sleep and they could maintain the current membership and engage the many who don't go to games the place would be jumping. The ringleader in all this is the coach and people all over are sick of the tripe he has served up over the last 2 seasons. Especially with the preparation, recourses and a pretty handy squad at his disposal. Looks like we have to suffer another year.

Over the last 30 odd years of national leagues I have heard so many people say "never again" etc etc etc

They keep coming back, no matter what.

I guess the concern or the point i making is for every member lost the club needs to find two more new ones to continue to obtain growth , is that posssible ?.

Banned
    To my way of thinking some of these people they are gonna lose are not really serious about the club anyway. The types that signed up when the Memberships were put out at dirt cheap prices. The same people who without the cheap memberships would most likely be missing majority of the time anyways except when they jumped aboard the bandwagon going when the club are at the top end of the league

The same sort of people that wouldn't get off their arses to go to an F3 derby in Gosford anyways yet call themselves a ****ing Jets fan.

As for the rest of you ****s that are thinking of not renewing.

Some of you ****s really need to have a good hard look at yourself and are dead set forgetting what supporting a football club is about. Backing up year in year out with or without success is a sign you are a true fan.

Support the club through THROUGH THICK AND THIN

Wouldn't mind a bit of THICK, not penis of course

wut

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    thick = good
    thin = bad

penis = lady pleaser

GVE = bad lady pleaser

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    To my way of thinking some of these people they are gonna lose are not really serious about the club anyway. The types that signed up when the Memberships were put out at dirt cheap prices. The same people who without the cheap memberships would most likely be missing majority of the time anyways except when they jumped aboard the bandwagon going when the club are at the top end of the league

The same sort of people that wouldn't get off their arses to go to an F3 derby in Gosford anyways yet call themselves a ****ing Jets fan.

Some of you ****s really need to have a good hard look at yourself and are dead set forgetting what supporting a football club is about. Backing up year in year out with or without success is a sign you are a true fan.

Mate if this is your true definition of a jets supporter don't be suprised to see 5000 as opposed to 12000 fans next year.A large % of family memberships are not die hard supporters as you believe yourself to be but just football supporters in general looking for an entertaining game.If you want all fans to travel your probs looking at membership in the couple of hundreds. As for this "cvnt" I've had a good hard look at myself and nothing has changed.I have cancelled our family membership and will follow solo if I believe the football is worth watching.But really champ who the **** are you to say who is a supporter or not.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

We will at least have 6 members there next year. Only because we have seats near the jets tunnel so Gaz can hear our abuse first hand. One perk at least

You need your mouth cleansed with a Johnny Reb.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Mate if this is your true definition of a jets supporter don't be suprised to see 5000 as opposed to 12000 fans next year.A large % of family memberships are not die hard supporters as you believe yourself to be but just football supporters in general looking for an entertaining game.If you want all fans to travel your probs looking at membership in the couple of hundreds. As for this "cvnt" I've had a good hard look at myself and nothing has changed.I have cancelled our family membership and will follow solo if I believe the football is worth watching.But really champ who the **** are you to say who is a supporter or not.
    I would be seriously surprised if we get 8000 Members next season. I just call these people who are gonna drop out what they are fairweather fans.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    As for this "cvnt" I've had a good hard look at myself and nothing has changed.I have cancelled our family membership and will follow solo if I believe the football is worth watching.But really champ who the **** are you to say who is a supporter or not.
    You do what you like I already have doubts on your sanity anyway. As for the last bit about who the **** am i to say who is a supporter or not.

My Opinion deal with it fairweather fan

Love this "true fan" debate.
    Really galvanizes the supporters together.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Not trying to start arguments.

Some of them around here need to be told that no matter how much the Circus GVE and Circus HSG fiasco continues to irritate them not to lose sight of the bigger picture.

It is going through the hard times that make the good times so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    I thought the only true fans were the ones that made the first Sydney away trip. At least that was the story on the old forum.

I would be seriously surprised if we get 8000 Members next season. I just call these people who are gonna drop out what they are fairweather fans.

You do what you like I already have doubts on your sanity anyway. As for the last bit about who the **** am i to say who is a supporter or not.

My Opinion deal with it fairweather fan
    Mate I find out your true identity you'll realise just how insane I am. Dont normally fire up like this but queercvnts like you I love putin in their place. Please PM me with your details
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis