Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Probably half of the issue people are actually from qld and are just around for the weekend. I sat relatively near them and was embarrassed, they also weren't going to move when the ref asked till I roused on them that was the first time I've felt embarrassed to be associated with the widcats tbh

the ref was hilariously average for both grades to both sides how was him letting uni kickoff in reserves when the westlakes players were still celebrating a goal, barely crossing the halfway line also thought a few players on both teams were lucky not to see more yellow or red in firsts
    OK

That really was halarious
    Wasn't even that big of a celebration . A couple of high fives and everyone was running bak (not walking) and whistle blows for kickoff with me and another at the start of the centre circle.
    Then they get a free kick 25m out and our sweeper yellow carded for questioning it.
    That ref realy did hate stoppages in play.

Typo

Race for 3rd and 4th (as I see it)-
    Westlakes 25 +8 and no games to play
    Olympic 24 +7 and host Mussy on the last day who will have had a congested fixture list
    Charley 23 +6 and host Uni on the last day plus makeup hosting Mussy next Saturday

Wow so Olympic or Westlakes could miss the semis with Charley bolting in if they win 1 of their 2 last games. It's in Charleys hands. If you all remember last year, this is a reverse from Charley who were top 2 only only to crash and burn. At least it's somewhat in Olympics hands too, but Westlakes need to sit and hope, as mentioned above. F & A is intriguing in itself with Olympic having to be annoyed at conceding 2 today, meaning a draw vs Mussy isn't good enough to overtake Westlakes. Will be costly if Charley get that win.

I actually believe what was previously posted in that Mussy will have a good go on the final day regardless of whether their minor premiership is wrapped up. If both strikers play they will probably beat Olympic, potentially in a goal-fest that is almost a more appealing afternoon than our own fixture ha ha.

Anyone got an Aguero..??

Not having a stab, just felt like it was worth mentioning. The uni oval is easily the longest I've played on. It was no wonder westlakes firsts midfield were MIA yesterday - so much space! Also for such nice looking grass it has such a wicked bobble
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by dingdong View Post
    merewether vs olympic

res 1-5
    1st 2-4

good day out for olympic in front of the old boys. not the most determined performance but we created a lot of xhances and got the 3 points. should be an interesting final round, good luck to everyone.
    Res corrected score 1-7

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Not having a stab, just felt like it was worth mentioning. The uni oval is easily the longest I've played on. It was no wonder westlakes firsts midfield were MIA yesterday - so much space! Also for such nice looking grass it has such a wicked bobble
    After a full season of ZPL, ZL2, All Age + Women's Club and not to forget the Jets senior squad train on there as well............it was in excellent condition up until about 4 or 5 weeks ago. The second ground is honestly a better surface if it wasn't for the cricket pitch in the side of it.

It looks fantastic, just has a wildly unexpected bounce
    OK

I was pretty impressed with the ground yesterday. Even though there were a few bumps n boggles it seemed like it was due to the ground so soft under foot along with the number of games played there. There were quiet a few divots from past tackles some quiet large.

wouldnt take much to fix that though.

best ground setup in zl2 imo. definately the best looking pitch

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post

Aww come on its no jesmond park
    Amigos Aarau

Muswellbrook vs Medowie.
    Reserve grade 2-0
    First grade 3-2

Good results for Mussy on our inaugural old boys day. Firsts played possibly our worst half (1st) of the year, and Medowie were excellent. We were lucky to hit half time at 1-1. A couple of decisions were wrong IMO, one of our players should have seen red in the second half, but the square up came when a Medowie player should have been shown the same ten mins later.

Medowie were heaps better than they were in the first round I reckon, and they bought some loud fans to heckle abuse which was awesome. All in good fun and I love a good heckling.

As a side note, I managed to wipe out our left winger and punch the coach in the back of the head. Great day for me!!!

Forgot to mention that a Medowie player scored a beauty against me. A lovely strike. Almost a pleasure to watch. Almost.

Good game for us Olympic boys yesterday. Also good to get on the score sheet.

Is the ladder currently up on Sporting Pulse up to date?

I was pretty impressed with the ground yesterday. Even though there were a few bumps n boggles it seemed like it was due to the ground so soft under foot along with the number of games played there. There were quiet a few divots from past tackles some quiet large.

wouldnt take much to fix that though.

Agreed - loved training there a few years back

Quote Originally Posted by SK15 View Post
    Good game for us Olympic boys yesterday. Also good to get on the score sheet.

Is the ladder currently up on Sporting Pulse up to date?
    its not up to date atm. From a quick look only your game has been updated.

just for the race for the finals

first grade
    mussy and jeso in

westlakes 25 (playing the waiting game with bye)
    hamo 24
    charlie 23 (game in hand)

in ressies
    uni in
    westlakes now secured a spot on 31

hamo 28
    jeso 26
    charlie 26 (game in hand)

that should be pretty accurate. feel free to correct it if it has an error

I actually forgot Medowie myself but they are still in contention with home games to Tenambit and Uni. Many teams, us included, have found it difficult to get the points there so it's possible that they could win those pair and go to 25 too, not catching Westlakes on goal difference but could go past Olympic and Charley. Unlikely but possible.

its not up to date atm. From a quick look only your game has been updated.

just for the race for the finals

first grade
    mussy and jeso in

westlakes 25 (playing the waiting game with bye)
    hamo 24
    charlie 23 (game in hand)

in ressies
    uni in
    westlakes now secured a spot on 31

hamo 28
    jeso 26
    charlie 26 (game in hand)

that should be pretty accurate. feel free to correct it if it has an error
    Thanks that looks accurate.

Don't worry we will win on the last day.

Hey boys, forgive my stupidity, but where do I find the for and against?

Anyone know if Bellbird are fielding a team next year? Also are Tanambit safe from the drop because of Bellbird folding
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Anyone know if Bellbird are fielding a team next year? Also are Tanambit safe from the drop because of Bellbird folding
    Last time I spoke to a guy from bellbird (start of year) they were putting an all age team together in the hope of getting a squad back together too join the league again.

And as for Tenambit being safe its a question I have asked my club all year and have been told yes but with little confidence so who knows until the association makes there mind up on what they want to do.

The top 2 teams in ZL3 wouldn't look out of place in ZL2 IMO. Maybe 2 up, 1 down who knows??