Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2222

Thread: 2013 NBN State League Thread

mate i was only fishing about the afl call,
    but yes i agree olmpic are stepping up.. but my predictions are the same

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Afl team,pmsl. Are you showing your dislike for Olympic again cobra. Wasn't it you that posted a fortnight ago that Olympic to get smashed by edgy ad magic and miss the semi finals all together? Now they have beaten magic and smashed edgy(who are the best two sides IMO)they are now an afl team . Good luck with your predictions
    Interesting you think edge are one of the top 2 teams, given that Olympic and Lambton finished in front of them/.
    Also given that Olympic just beat Edge and that Lambton beat both Edgeworth and Olympic twice and Magic once.
    Interesting theory on Edge being one of the top 2 teams!

I do think out of the top 5 teams there is nothing between the top 4, that anyone of these teams faced against each other could go either way on the day.
    After the weekend I cant include Weston in those 4.
    Athough Weston could go the other way and sometimes a team that has been smashed can come out the next week and lift their performance and cause an upset!

Up for some exciting Semis.

Although Weston suffered an embarrassing loss on the weekend, and were outplayed by a better team, i would expect a huge improvement against Edgy this week. If you look at their games against top six teams this year that was only their second loss. They beat Olympic twice, Magic once and could have easily taken a point from their second game, and have drawn with edgy both times this year in which the second game Edgeworths performance was one of the better I have seen this year, the Weston defence was hard to break down. Not saying the Bears will get over the line on the Saturday, but it will be a very tight game in my opinion.
    The game on Sunday between Jaffas and Olympic also shapes up to be a tight affair, with Olympics defence hard to break down, I think Lambton might just sneak home.

Olympic 2-1
    Edgeworth 3-1

Does anyone else find it stupid how all the Jaffas articles in the Herald this season have been about how they are underdogs and are over achieving this season?

I mean FFS they have spent close to the most (if not the most) in the league and have man for man the best squad. All this bullshit that most haven't played in the NBN League before is a joke. Every single player has except for the Central Coast lads and the ones who have been professionals for their whole careers!

With that squad to not win it is under achieving not over achieving!

Perhaps Kevin Cranson being heavily involved at the Jafs gets them all these fluff pieces!

Quote Originally Posted by FaroeMassive View Post
    Does anyone else find it stupid how all the Jaffas articles in the Herald this season have been about how they are underdogs and are over achieving this season?

I mean FFS they have spent close to the most (if not the most) in the league and have man for man the best squad. All this bullshit that most haven't played in the NBN League before is a joke. Every single player has except for the Central Coast lads and the ones who have been professionals for their whole careers!

Perhaps Kevin Cranson being heavily involved at the Jafs gets them all these fluff pieces!
    So your point is? All I see is some whinging about how the new boys beat the majority of the league, thats all.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

haha youve lost it mate. herald tipped jaffas to come 9th, didnt hear many people tipping us for glory at the start of the season. admittedly now we are contenders but the squad isnt that expensive and werent superstars at the start of the season. we had maj and abe wheelhouse? we then had some great pickups with ireland in goals (who was an injury doubt and not sure if he was even going to play, so a risky acquisition) and obviously great to get Jobe.

other than that we have kept the core of the team that we played in NEWFM, who wouldnt be on significant cash (im assuming, i have no knowledge of player contracts), and picked up players who were not big names- tommy smart, connor evans, robbie ambrogetti etc etc.

sorry for the essay- but its true we were underdogs, and its a credit to the players/coaches that they have all lifted to be contenders- tommy smart and connor evans making the northern select side is proof. also of the top of my head tanch has given first grade runs to at least 5 players who have come through U/19s at Jaffas, which is pretty good from a side freshly promoted?

Not whinging...good on them for beating most of the league. But you don't hear Magic or Olympic calling themselves underdogs nor did Charlestown claim they over achieved last year?

Just saying that the Jafs need to stop with the rubbish they sprout about being underdogs and over achieving. Facts are they have best squad in the league and are spending more money than most (probably all) in the league.

Underdogs are teams that don't have the same quality or resources of their opponents...The Jafs have more money and quality than most at the moment, why the continual dribble in the Herald every second week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    haha youve lost it mate. herald tipped jaffas to come 9th, didnt hear many people tipping us for glory at the start of the season. admittedly now we are contenders but the squad isnt that expensive and werent superstars at the start of the season. we had maj and abe wheelhouse? we then had some great pickups with ireland in goals (who was an injury doubt and not sure if he was even going to play, so a risky acquisition) and obviously great to get Jobe.

other than that we have kept the core of the team that we played in NEWFM, who wouldnt be on significant cash (im assuming, i have no knowledge of player contracts), and picked up players who were not big names- tommy smart, connor evans, robbie ambrogetti etc etc.

sorry for the essay- but its true we were underdogs, and its a credit to the players/coaches that they have all lifted to be contenders- tommy smart and connor evans making the northern select side is proof. also of the top of my head tanch has given first grade runs to at least 5 players who have come through U/19s at Jaffas, which is pretty good from a side freshly promoted?
    Just because you are a newly promoted team doesn't mean you're an underdog or spending small cash...Look at Monaco newly promoted in the French Ligue 1. Huge money and signing huge players..they are not an underdog despite being their first year up for a while.

I don't want to list every player one by one, but the 3 you mentioned all have decent NBN experience and 1 was wanted by the Jets, they are hardly no name players.

You have got 3 players who have been fulltime professionals in the starting 11 and all are under well under 30...what other team has that?

Jaffas have done ok...but they aren't underdogs and never were.

i just find it hard to believe that jaffas would have a higher wage bill than at least 3 other clubs. maybe they'll be paying more next year with the improvement of a lot of their players, but at the start of this season there couldnt have been many that commanded big wages. and the ones that did came for other reasons (maj mates with tanch, jobe to play with his brother, ireland had mates at the club).

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    i just find it hard to believe that jaffas would have a higher wage bill than at least 3 other clubs. maybe they'll be paying more next year with the improvement of a lot of their players, but at the start of this season there couldnt have been many that commanded big wages. and the ones that did came for other reasons (maj mates with tanch, jobe to play with his brother, ireland had mates at the club).
    My information is a little different to yours...Top earner is on closer to $1000 a game than $500 and total wage bill is closer to $80k than $50k.

lol where do you get your information! as i said, i have no intimate knowledge of player wages, so maybe youre right mate. do you have knowledge of wage bills at other clubs though?? for comparisons sake?

Banned
    Just because you are a newly promoted team doesn't mean you're an underdog or spending small cash...Look at Monaco newly promoted in the French Ligue 1. Huge money and signing huge players..they are not an underdog despite being their first year up for a while.

I don't want to list every player one by one, but the 3 you mentioned all have decent NBN experience and 1 was wanted by the Jets, they are hardly no name players.

You have got 3 players who have been fulltime professionals in the starting 11 and all are under well under 30...what other team has that?

Monaco played in a UCL Final in the last 15 years . They were never really a small time club

Mate all i can say is well done to the jaffas,
    first year in the league and a top 2 finish, give credit where credit is due.
    But lets see if they can back it up next year and not have that second year syndrome, i thought some teams this year expected to turn up and get gifted the points against jaffas.. Now they should been seen as a threat.(a bit like azzurri this year)

My information is a little different to yours...Top earner is on closer to $1000 a game than $500 and total wage bill is closer to $80k than $50k.
    Has anybody noticed how farroe massive was very pro Jaffas and now all of a sudden he has done a u turn?
    It wouldn't be because you have had a fall out with the club or anything like that !!???.....
    Come on grow up mate.
    No need to bag the club because of that, be professional!
    Last edited by dicanio; 15-08-2013 at 08:54 PM.

haha how do YOU know so much information about our club!
    You know our wage budget, our players, what individual players are getting paid??
    Are you our president? Secretary perhaps?
    If so why are you bagging our club??

SOMETHING DOES NOT ADD UP!
    and for your info your along long way away from the wage budget, individual budgets and players who play NBN!
    we have 5 known NBN players not 15!

Faroe you say you don't want to list every player (you must know a lot about us), but I will list them for you!
    Here are a list of our players in the first grade squad who HAVE NOT been regular 1st grade players or even played 1 full season in first grade NBN League.

1. Tom Smart
    2. Mick Lawrence
    3. Terry Dries
    4. Matt Kenny
    5. Adrian Perisic ( a reserve grade player at Lakes as stated by Chris Turner)
    6. Robbie Ambroghetti
    7. Matt Wilks
    8. Ben Herron
    9. Riley McNaughton
    10. Geoff Gonninan

2 or 3 of these guys may have had an odd game in 1st grade to fill in, but havnt been a first grade player

Here are a list who has played NBN or higher
    1. John Maj
    2. Jobe
    3. Danny Ireland
    4. Connor Evans
    5. Abe

Hopefully that reflects the rubbish this bloke has been talking, again with no substance or proof behind his comments

We have not bragged at all, but there is no denying we are extremely happy and proud that our 1st grade has done far beyond expectation, The herald tipped us to come 9th.
    2nd is a great achievement for us in our first year. Hopefully we can back it up next year with a god finish

So mate you are talking baloney and making yourself look bad.

Moderators, please, if someone is going to post a clubs wage bill please have some substance or evidence behind it or ban users like this for posting rubbish and trying to demoralise a club.
    Last edited by Jaf Jaf; 15-08-2013 at 09:39 PM.

If you can fly under the radar...well done
    If you can get paid better than most...again well done
    I fail to see the relevance of FMs post tbh
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf Jaf View Post
    haha how do YOU know so much information about our club!
    You know our wage budget, our players, what individual players are getting paid??
    Are you our president? Secretary perhaps?
    If so why are you bagging our club??

SOMETHING DOES NOT ADD UP!
    and for your info your along long way away from the wage budget, individual budgets and players who play NBN!
    we have 5 known NBN players not 15!

Faroe you say you don't want to list every player (you must know a lot about us), but I will list them for you!
    Here are a list of our players in the first grade squad who HAVE NOT been regular 1st grade players or even played 1 full season in first grade NBN League.

1. Tom Smart
    2. Mick Lawrence
    3. Terry Dries
    4. Matt Kenny
    5. Adrian Perisic ( a reserve grade player at Lakes as stated by Chris Turner)
    6. Robbie Ambroghetti
    7. Matt Wilks
    8. Ben Herron
    9. Riley McNaughton
    10. Geoff Gonninan

2 or 3 of these guys may have had an odd game in 1st grade to fill in, but havnt been a first grade player

Here are a list who has played NBN or higher
    1. John Maj
    2. Jobe
    3. Danny Ireland
    4. Connor Evans
    5. Abe

Hopefully that reflects the rubbish this bloke has been talking, again with no substance or proof behind his comments

We have not bragged at all, but there is no denying we are extremely happy and proud that our 1st grade has done far beyond expectation, The herald tipped us to come 9th.
    2nd is a great achievement for us in our first year. Hopefully we can back it up next year with a god finish

So mate you are talking baloney and making yourself look bad.

Moderators, please, if someone is going to post a clubs wage bill please have some substance or evidence behind it or ban users like this for posting rubbish and trying to demoralise a club.
    Come on jaf jaf,not bagging Jaffas here,well done on a great season first year up. But I think this is the point faroe is trying to make in a roundabout way. Again you try and play it down. It is a small town and all the players talk and know who is on what,but it is no ones concern what each clubs budget is. If you have a hard working committee and can spend more on players than other clubs so what. Spending big money doesn't guarantee success just look at lakes,but I do have to pick on how you always talk your squad down. Tom smart got plenty of first grade time at magic in the strongest first grade squad over two years. Ambroghetti played first grade at phoenix sought and Olympic,started in at least 8 matches last year in Olympics minor premier side.matt Wilkes played first grade at edgy before travelling overseas. Perisic played first grade for lakes for two years including the season lakes ran second. I also think your leaving the best left fullback in the comp mick sessions out of your squad,sure he plays first grade for you last time I checked. So realistically from your starting 11, Ireland, smart,Wilkes perisic,sessions,ambrogheeti,Evans wheelhouse,littler wheelhouse,maj have all played plenty of nbn not to mention jobs being a 200 game a league captain and Ireland having played in england. Hang on a minute jaf jaf,I agree with Faroe,stop trying to talk it down you underdog

Did I mention Paul devine

Welcome to coaching 101.
    No matter how good you're going, you are always the underdog.
    Des Hasler/Craig Bellamy do it, Gypos do it, Alex Ferguson did it.
    Jesus, if Don Bradmans 1948 Invincibles were around today they would call themselves underdogs.
    Nothing original about the Jaffas approach there.