Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1248

Thread: 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Well done boys. Good luck next week! Good that we got a win in the end but did feel bitter sweet after not making the big one. Was a decent crowd too so thanks to all for showing up
    Thanks mate. You guys gonna be there? Enjoyed your game on the weekend. If I can say anything at all about your game. from the sideline without naming names but it looked as if there were a couple of your players that weren't hungry enough. Maybe that was the difference?

Yep my iPhones stuffing up too. Yeh ill see if I get there. More so looking forward to a weekend off for the first time in a while its a really long season when u count in training and pre season. I do believe some may havent have been hungry enough but probably more so lacking belief then anything else. It's hard to play attacking football knowing u can't leak any goals. Simba are a big game team, they get up for big game they might struggle to find consistency during the season but then when they want to they turn up and always play out of their skin. Bero/stocko/simba play a very similar style so it'll make for a real interesting final. I hope at least two of us get promoted next season cause wed all find ourselves in the top half of the ZL2 ladder in my opinion

Yep my iPhones stuffing up too. Yeh ill see if I get there. More so looking forward to a weekend off for the first time in a while its a really long season when u count in training and pre season. I do believe some may havent have been hungry enough but probably more so lacking belief then anything else. It's hard to play attacking football knowing u can't leak any goals. Simba are a big game team, they get up for big game they might struggle to find consistency during the season but then when they want to they turn up and always play out of their skin. Bero/stocko/simba play a very similar style so it'll make for a real interesting final. I hope at least two of us get promoted next season cause wed all find ourselves in the top half of the ZL2 ladder in my opinion
    I found by going on full site then logging in you can navigate on this thread ok. I'm not sure what they'll do with promotion but agree in saying both teams would be top half of zl2. The last 2 games against Simba for us away were super tough and yea they got up for a big game in more ways than one. They seem to just play football with refs though than carrying on with the other shit. Gonna be 2 tough games this weekend for sure. As they say the team/s that turn up on the day wins. Keen as!

Yeh good luck man. By the looks of the FB banter I'd be a little worried about some boys getting sidetracked haha. This whole rivalry shits been blown out of proportion. **** me there's been some shit talked from both sides it's getting pretty embarrassing to say the least. anyone would think we are in state league or some shit. The real question is how many simba fellas will be playing in two grand finals this weekend

Yeh good luck man. By the looks of the FB banter I'd be a little worried about some boys getting sidetracked haha. This whole rivalry shits been blown out of proportion. **** me there's been some shit talked from both sides it's getting pretty embarrassing to say the least. anyone would think we are in state league or some shit. The real question is how many simba fellas will be playing in two grand finals this weekend
    Yea I must admit I couldn't help myself this morning. It has been bad at times this season but I suppose a bit of rivalry is healthy for the comp....but yea there's some dribble. Well they had one bloke that started both games on the weekend but they got pulled up for it and was subbed off as soon as they got clarification. Plus we are fairly confident we know their faces now. Surely they wouldn't do it 2 years in a row? Just gotta stop winstons bikies. Far out that was pretty to watch on Saturday. Even if I was on your side I would of clapped that....

The zpl2 comp was rubbish this season, I didn't play in it we got promotion from it last season but 5th and 6th from last season finish 1st and 2nd and the standard of play between the better teams was still very poor, I got no doubt bero stocko would have no problems in zpl2

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    The zpl2 comp was rubbish this season, I didn't play in it we got promotion from it last season but 5th and 6th from last season finish 1st and 2nd and the standard of play between the better teams was still very poor, I got no doubt bero stocko would have no problems in zpl2
    Rubbish is probably a harsh way to put it.

Apart from Jesmond, who from reports (from Jesmond) only had one major injury the entire season which was towards the back half of the year in their sweeper - basically every team was decimated by injuries & holidays for large parts of the season.

Whether or not that same trend continues next season, I don't know. But as alluded to by many people/teams in ZL2.. the likes of Olympic, Uni & Westlakes would have been a much bigger threat to the overall season finishing if they had been able to have the majority of their squad fit & available for a longer amount of the season.

I can't comment on Berro/Stocko as TBH I didn't get to see either team even once this season (I wasn't there for the State Cup v Stocko either) - but all I'll say is ZL2 is a pretty decent competition for ID level, with the entire top 6 having a right to semis football at one time or another (I picked Olympic to win it, and I THINK they came 6th!). It very roughly sounds like there were 2-3 standouts in ZL3 with a bunch of "poor" teams this season - expect ZL2 to be more of a grind against a more evenly weighted competition if your team is coming up (there really was only one team standout as "poor" in ZL2 this year). But note: I didn't get to watch any ZL3 this year, so take my comments about ZL3 as just an innocent neutral perspective on things based purely on heresay.
    OK

One more sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by bubbles7 View Post
    one more sleep!
    Game day!!!!

Tipping bero both grades today, with simba not able to have players start in both grades I think they will struggle in ressies. Good luck to all!

scores?

1 apeice. Simba with ressies. 2-2 won bout 7-6 on pens. Bero with the main game 8-7 on pens after a 0-0. Top day. So tense.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    scores?
    2-2 res f/t straight to pens Simba won 7-6 I think
    0-0 firsts f/t went to pens bero won 8-7
    Both really tough games played in good spirit reasonably well reffed and despite not winning both grades a brilliant first season in zl3 and to take out all the spoils in firsts is a fantastic achievement and hats off to all involved HAIL HAIL!

well done, a party for each club. bero goes up i guess.

How did Stockton go? I'm not familiar with this league, but I'm told by a workmate that Stocko are the Bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    How did Stockton go? I'm not familiar with this league, but I'm told by a workmate that Stocko are the Bomb?
    Haha this is good.

Quote Originally Posted by BB2300 View Post

All I care about is the GF! No one remembers anything else but the winner of the grandy.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh.........😝😜😃😝😝

Congrats to both Bero and Simba, sounds like it was a top day. Great first year for Bero.
    Either team deserve the victory, in firsts, in normal time?
    I announced my "Retirement" from the Dungog to the president the other night, due to a new family addition soon. Closer to Maitland next year is much needed.
    When do they normally announce new teams for next year, promotions etc? cant quite remember.

Was pretty tight. We hit the cross bar from 30 and had a few other chances. Simba had a few where they couldn't get their shot away. My memory is a little hazy.

thanks manu!!was a great feeling when they said premiers grand final winners and then club championship!alot of hard work was done!! many thanks to neally and bowman they derserve alot of credit i know all the bero boys are thankful!

bero reserves bit unlucky 10 on the field due to the bero captian having some blood on his leg when simba scored to make it 2-2 with about 5-10mins to then to pens!

1st grade i cant really recall to many shots being had some great last ditch tackles by both teams though!!simba keeper tipped a shot onto the bar at the end of extra time!!!

now onto something else the ref gave bero a freekick just outside the 18 right on half time,while simba organising there wall he blew for half time cant say us bero boys were to pleased but then again at the end of normal time simba crossed it into the box for him to blow the whistle to end normal time!!cant say in all my time playing i have seen a ref do this!