Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We actually won a game

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Okay find a stat on this:
    The team seems to lift and look more positive when Bridges is on the field. Just my opinion.
    Also, thank god he was on the pitch so we could "lift" for the amazing performance against Perth which was possibly the worst display of football I have seen since the HAL began.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Okay find a stat on this:
    The team seems to lift and look more positive when Bridges is on the field. Just my opinion.
    Wait, I've got it... you must mean that 1 minute plus stoppage time in the game against the Coasties where he was brought on to presumably hold it up in the corner.

bridges ops:

Meh i don't care really at all. Just stirring you Bridges haterz up. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Very good howardyou

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Very good howardyou
    you've been quiet!
    OK

Banned
    On another note did anyone notice in the Gypo game when that Bridges came on for 2 mins and injury time to replace Zads who had ran himself into the ground for Newy.

Bridges as per usual gives the ball away and then sets a first class example of what not to do by not even bothering to try and chase back. ****ing disgrace when Zads done enough running for 3 blokes yet this bloke can't even be arsed running for the 4 and a half mins he gets paid for every blue moon

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    My opinion is the world is flat. Anyone who questions my opinion and/or can provide a constructive argument against it is putting me down, and are probably wrong themselves. I do not need to validate my opinion. Lms
    You are as big an idiot here as you are in the local forum...
    I didn't say anything about validating your own opinion. I like the opposing opinions. Again that's why we are on here voicing them! All I said was stop telling people that, basically, they are idiots for having differing opinions. If someone likes bridges, for ****s sake let them. Tell them you don't and why. Don't take the piss and make them feel like an inferior fan because you think you know everything about football!

And just so you get it, this is not a pro-bridges post... I don't rate him at his age!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I didn't say anything about validating your own opinion. I like the opposing opinions. Again that's why we are on here voicing them! All I said was stop telling people that, basically, they are idiots for having differing opinions. If someone likes bridges, for ****s sake let them. Tell them you don't and why. Don't take the piss and make them feel like an inferior fan because you think you know everything about football!

And just so you get it, this is not a pro-bridges post... I don't rate him at his age!
    No one is saying that people who like Bridges are idiots. What pv4 is saying is the pro-Bridges brigade need to actually make a case for their opinions and not just come out with the "well, that's my opinion and I am entitled to it". It's called debating... and when ALL THE EVIDENCE points at Bridges being a waste of space on the football field, of course people are going to argue against you.

Dude. Don't put me down for putting forward an opinion. An opinion can't be wrong.

I genuinely love this "debate". Has anyone else picked up on the fact that it's turned into a classic atheist-vs-religious debate? Anti-bridges are the atheists and they be like "prove at least ONE THING. Back up ONE STATEMENT. and we'll be open to the idea" and pro-bridges or the religious people be like "Lolwat, there are other people who agree with me, how is that not proof"
    OK

bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Dude. Don't put me down for putting forward an opinion. An opinion can't be wrong.

I genuinely love this "debate". Has anyone else picked up on the fact that it's turned into a classic atheist-vs-religious debate? Anti-bridges are the atheists and they be like "prove at least ONE THING. Back up ONE STATEMENT. and we'll be open to the idea" and pro-bridges or the religious people be like "Lolwat, there are other people who agree with me, how is that not proof"
    I didn't put you down for having an opinion, if you read my post again you will see I agree with your opinion on bridges... I don't rate him.
    I said your an idiot for making other feel inferior for having an opinion.
    I agree, if they come up with a good point as to why he is good people may actually take it on board (unlikely though). But if they can't come up with a point as to why they like the dude, don't write up posts making them look like fools for it.

Example... I quite like gol gol mubratu as a player. His stats are probably horrendous and he doesn't score many goals (has he ever scored? Probably against us?) but you know what, I couldn't care, I just like the guy as a player and would be happy to see him in my team.
    Others will disagree and have those bad stats to show it, but It doesn't change my mind.

Also sorry about the idiot remark, I had a few too many last night and well you know how the foz and drinking go together!

Tick tick tick tick tick tick........ GFC 4 is coming!

Banned
    I didn't put you down for having an opinion, if you read my post again you will see I agree with your opinion on bridges... I don't rate him.
    I said your an idiot for making other feel inferior for having an opinion.
    I agree, if they come up with a good point as to why he is good people may actually take it on board (unlikely though). But if they can't come up with a point as to why they like the dude, don't write up posts making them look like fools for it.

Example... I quite like gol gol mubratu as a player. His stats are probably horrendous and he doesn't score many goals (has he ever scored? Probably against us?) but you know what, I couldn't care, I just like the guy as a player and would be happy to see him in my team.
    Others will disagree and have those bad stats to show it, but It doesn't change my mind.

Also sorry about the idiot remark, I had a few too many last night and well you know how the foz and drinking go together!
    Bloke scored against us last season in Melburn. Can't remember off the top of my head if he has ever scored in the HAL apart from that goal.

heard we won again

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    heard we won again
    Surreal feeling leavening a Jets game not being pissed off with the world and actually looking forward to our next game.

Long may it continue