Thread: The Music Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If anyone else was at the Anthrax gig at the Palais a LOT of years ago you would be heading straight to see them at Soundwave.
    Freaking awesome night.
    Get on it lads.
    Wow, how long ago was it when they were at the Palais??
    I'll be going to check them out again at Soundwave for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Wow, how long ago was it when they were at the Palais??
    I'll be going to check them out again at Soundwave for sure..
    From memory it was about '96. Was blown away by not only how heavy they were, but the musicianship from the whole band was phenomenal. So tight, they were every bit in tune with each other as live bands like Primus and RATM. Just a great live band. How that will go on a big stage/outdoor I don't know but jeez, if there's better then you're in for a good day.

And Scotty Ian high fived me which was ****ing awesome.
    Last edited by plague; 11-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    From memory it was about '96. Was blown away by not only how heavy they were, but the musicianship from the whole band was phenomenal. So tight, they were every bit in tune with each other as live bands like Primus and RATM. Just a great live band. How that will go on a big stage/outdoor I don't know but jeez, if there's better then you're in for a good day.

And Scotty Ian high fived me which was ****ing awesome.
    Yeah I saw them at Soundwave a few years back, they were pretty damn awesome on the big stage. (Although in fairness, I had eaten some "cookies", so pretty much everything was awesome at the time..)
    I think I would prefer to see them on a smaller, more intimate stage..

As for Vision Of Disorder coming out, as long as I get to see them live, I wouldnt mind if I didn't see any other band that day.
    I grew up listening to them, like, you know when you first start discovering all the good things in life (women, booze, partying, etc).. This band were the soundtrack with my mates for that time in my life.. If that makes any sense? They broke up in early 2002, and reformed in the last couple of years.. Didn't think I'd ever get to see em, so I'm pretty damn excited..