Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Just read in the herald the West Wallsend could find themselves in this division if they do not get 40 registered players by Tuesday. Which seems unlikely. Putting us back to 9 unless another team withdraws.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Just read in the herald the West Wallsend could find themselves in this division if they do not get 40 registered players by Tuesday. Which seems unlikely. Putting us back to 9 unless another team withdraws.
    Provided that those players would want to play in this league as well. They don't even have a coach at the moment. Would be difficult to expect all 26 players to stick around without a club

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Provided that those players would want to play in this league as well. They don't even have a coach at the moment. Would be difficult to expect all 26 players to stick around without a club
    That is true. You would expect a fair few to be offered spots in higher graded teams leaving them with the bare minimum and still finding themselves short of players even with only two teams to fill. ( which even if they kept the 26 is still not enough to reach the.required amount for.this grade). Would be a shame to see a club like them lost. Too many of the higher graded teams seem to be struggling in the last few years something possibly needs to change (i.e less age restrictions in the ZPL and newfm league maybe)

^^ no age restrictions in zpl. newfm and nbn age restrictions are bullshit yes.

simple solution is zpl-zl3 all first and reserves. scrap the third grade in zl1 and zpl. Most clubs can find 2 teams. Many cant find the 3!

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post

simple solution is zpl-zl3 all first and reserves. scrap the third grade in zl1 and zpl. Most clubs can find 2 teams. Many cant find the 3!
    I agree with your idea I know when.we had to field three trams it was tough we ended up.with a heap of young guys who copped a bit of a touch up some games and turned them.off coming back the following year.

I agree with your idea I know when.we had to field three trams it was tough we ended up.with a heap of young guys who copped a bit of a touch up some games and turned them.off coming back the following year.
    I am on the board at a club in premier league and being a small club. Three teams is something we have never had a problem with and also need for survival. Having said that I understand how clubs struggle, Some even struggle for 2 grades and yet there are clubs that have between 10 and 20 all age teams. But are never ambitious enough to join the zone comp.

I agree losing Westy would be shame. I have played against them for decades and always had respect for the club.

I fully agree 2 grades in all divisions and you can have 2 teams if you can get 4 grades obviously cant be in the same division

Personally I would like see all divisions have 1sts, Reserves and an U/18's.
    Last edited by TXK; 27-02-2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    100% agreed
    OK

I agree with most coments. It all goes back to Northern NSW and their efforts in organising top two divisions some 4-5 years ago.

Clubs like azzurri, lakes, thornton, dudley etc were stuffed around and dropped from respective competitions despite all being more then competitive. Age limitations dont work, if you are good enough you are old enough whether your 15 or 50.

These issues have plagued the top 2 divisons which have created flowing issues down the leagues. Got to get back to making competitions basic, losing too many players to all age soccer.

Get rid of age restrictions, 10 team nbn, every league after 8 team. Top 3 divisons (nbn, new fm, zpl) 3 grades. 2 grades in the rest. Promotion and relegation in all divisons. If you win you go up, no excuses.

As for west wallsend. Probably way too strong for id3's even if they lost a lot of players.
    4 divison drop, thats a big jump down.
    Although it will be good to play at wembley again.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    100% agreed
    If you enforced all divisions having 1sts Reserves and 18s then ZL3 probably would not exist, is that really worth it?
    What's that achieving?

Agree Russ. ZL3, ZL2, and ZL1 should only be two grades. To me, the quality step up is ZPL. ZPL should incorporate maybe an 18's.
    I also cant see why It shouldn't be ZL2, ZL1 and ZPL,with a minimum 12 teams per comp. 2 get promoted, 2 go down. With a FFA cup style tournament during the year, ZL2-ZPL.

12 teams would be way too many. It would be hard to keep morale up in club if by half way through competition you had no chance of making semis.

Raymond Terrace 1st grade looking for a trial game Thursday night, your ground or ours. PM me if interested.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    there are not enough U18 players to make a good strong comp as there are not enough U23 players thus the change in the ZPL and this is because we have to many all age teams/comps etc
    Zone league comps should be 10 teams 1st-res-3rds maybe take 3rds off in the lowest so clubs can start to build a club, if they promoted they then know they need another team.
    To build a better Zone comp maybe all clubs with say 3 teams should be made to join Zone comps, this would nearly give you 5 divisions?????

So has anyone heard "officially" if Dungog are out? I'm of the understanding it's all but official considering the team the fielded for state cup was thrown together a few days beforehand. And I believe we should hear the decision on west Wallsend today as today is there deadline to meet their requirements.

So has anyone heard "officially" if Dungog are out? I'm of the understanding it's all but official considering the team the fielded for state cup was thrown together a few days beforehand.
    Care to explain?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Raymond Terrace 1st grade looking for a trial game Thursday night, your ground or ours. PM me if interested.
    Thanks!
    Game now booked - Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Care to explain?
    Dungog have been struggling for players for a while now ( so I have heard) and the state cup team that beat mayfield on pens at our ground was (from what I.understand) either an all age team or a mix with the over 35's. I may be way off the mark and will be happy to be corrected if wrong.