Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Dungog have been struggling for players for a while now ( so I have heard) and the state cup team that beat mayfield on pens at our ground was (from what I.understand) either an all age team or a mix with the over 35's. I may be way off the mark and will be happy to be corrected if wrong.
    Ah, okay. I can confirm at least 1 of the players was their coach in 2012, and is returning from a broken leg. But out of interest, is there any rule that says they can't? As I understand it they can do the same in ZL as well?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Ah, okay. I can confirm at least 1 of the players was their coach in 2012, and is returning from a broken leg. But out of interest, is there any rule that says they can't? As I understand it they can do the same in ZL as well?
    I'm a bit lost here? ( i am a goal keeper so bare with me) are you talking bout state cup? Cause what I ment by asking if they were out was are they out of ZL3 because they don't have the required numbers to fill the grade. I was just using the state cup game as an example of why I believe they will not participate in our comp this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    I'm a bit lost here? ( i am a goal keeper so bare with me) are you talking bout state cup? Cause what I ment by asking if they were out was are they out of ZL3 because they don't have the required numbers to fill the grade. I was just using the state cup game as an example of why I believe they will not participate in our comp this year.
    I'm one too mate. I thought you saying that they were struggling for numbers over the weekend, not for the season
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Dungog will not be apart of the 2014 season, I believe. The coach from 2012, is the club president too. Top bloke, worked hard to get the ZL3 team going. Just hard with it being so far away.
    The team was some firsts and reserves from last year and some guys from all-age/haven't played for years. So they done well.
    Hope the next state cup game isn't on Saturday the 15th :/

so what now a 7 team comp? how will they work that?

No disrespect to merewether, I believe they should put a hand up to come down. Based on our trial and the quality of teams like stocko, Bero and Terrace etc. It may be a very long year for them. Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    No disrespect to merewether, I believe they should put a hand up to come down. Based on our trial and the quality of teams like stocko, Bero and Terrace etc. It may be a very long year for them. Just my opinion
    Haha why should teams come down and make higher divisions go with less teams just because the lowest division ( and standard) in newcastle football are coming short on clubs. Bad luck get better and get out. Unfortuantly for tenambit they got themselves in this situation and now must work hard and get out, to avoid problems like a 7 team comp ( or 8 depending what happens with w/wallsend).League three should feel themselves lucky that there has been 2 new teams this year

lowest division? come on you forgot the 20 all age divisions but i see were your coming from. However didn't they already promote 2 from this league when it was only ment to be one? berefield and stocko? i could be wrong?

unpromote? or like manutd said drop a team that doesn't really care about going any further up the zone leagues!

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    Dungog will not be apart of the 2014 season, I believe. The coach from 2012, is the club president too. Top bloke, worked hard to get the ZL3 team going. Just hard with it being so far away.
    The team was some firsts and reserves from last year and some guys from all-age/haven't played for years. So they done well.
    Hope the next state cup game isn't on Saturday the 15th :/
    My mail is that Dungog will not be part of this seasons comp. Where things go from here I have no idea. They really should find some way. A 7 team comp is unrealistic

My mail is the same. If dungog are in it will be in first grade only. Either way reserves will only have 7 teams. Not ideal at all.

If they pullout alltogether 7 teams in both grades will be a mess.

Come on dungog, lets go at least first grade. Maybe toronto or an all age team could fill reserves spot. In that sense both could play home games at respective home grounds and play away against same opposition and venue. Something.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    My mail is the same. If dungog are in it will be in first grade only. Either way reserves will only have 7 teams. Not ideal at all.

If they pullout alltogether 7 teams in both grades will be a mess.

Come on dungog, lets go at least first grade. Maybe toronto or an all age team could fill reserves spot. In that sense both could play home games at respective home grounds and play away against same opposition and venue. Something.
    I understand were you are coming from if the scenario of two different teams played acting as one. But it would not be fair on the team they are playing as alot of teams use players from res Grade to back up or fill spots on the bench so it wouldn't work if both teams where at different grounds. Plus in the case of my club we have the one coach for two grades.

Dungog understand the unfairness of this and will most likely not be fielding a ZL3 team

7 teams!!!! Everything needs to be done to avoid this. It appeared this comp was a desireable one to be a part of but without the new RAAF and Dudley teams the comp would have been 5 teams only.
    Is Bellbird interested in a first grade only scenario if Dungog are not? Yeah yeah, that old chestnut.

Understand clubs issues with spread teams. But surely, anything that gets 8 teams in both grades must be better then 7. Especially considering there will be an uneven number of byes. Some teams will get 2, others will get 3. Thats far from ideal.

between dungog, toronto or bellbird. Surely 2 of which could fill the gap. One in firsts and one in reserves. It also keeps them in zone football, can allways rebuild for following years.

Could even get one of the multiple all age clubs to join. Fave the fees for a year, to entice them. Hamilton azzurri, cardiff jnrs, edgeworth jnrs , uni and west wallsend jnrs to name a few

All the best with competition to all involved. I unfortunately have destroyed my ankle again from last year and unfortunately will be out for the year.
    Goes to show that disgusting and late challenges should be harshly punished,l. Because i know the kurri lad who did it to me ruined my football.

Devo

Tenambit take on Zl1 Jesmond Rams tonight at home. Going to be a tough match made even tougher due to having to get a new centre back pairing to gel together after the unfortunate news of losing our new CB. I'd say tonight will be the toughest game for me in goals so far putting my current run of 2 clean sheets on the line.

Mail is today is D-Day for dungog.

Dungog isn't putting a team in, will be 7

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    this just in:

Afternoon,

It is regrettable to inform you that due to player registrations and commitments both Dungog FC (League 3) and Belmont Tingira (League 1) cannot meet their obligations to compete in their respective competitions. Both Clubs have put in extra effort to increase their player base and be viable this season, but to no avail.

The attached update has the BYE noted in the fixtures for both Clubs.

League One Clubs please check the day changes for Newcastle Suns – most match days are now Sunday.

Premier Division – Round One & Round 10 - Kahibah v Cooks Hill have been swapped due the Lake Macquarie Council maintenance of Kahibah Oval.

Cooks Hill please note there is no clash with League 3 @ Newcastle Athletics Field on 5th April due to the withdrawal of Dungog FC (now a BYE).

All changes are on the web.

Regards,

Russell Henry

Chief Executive Officer